Apology Accepted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Team Fiwip said:
Just viewed your near death experience!! Storm in a tea-cup my opinion, what is it with this helmet-cam on everyday ride business, are you hunting for that big insurance pay-out opportunity?

I thought the point of the OP was to show some people do apologise for their mistakes.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

rh100 said:

Safety

I used to take the correct line at this roundabout. It caused me bother. Following cars cut over this almost every time and I had a couple of occasions where that almost brought me into conflict with the following car (despite me obviously taking that exit). I need to slow considerably to go around the roundabout. Not a problem. However, the following cars are generally impatient here and would try and would continue over, faster than me. This was even worse in the wet and ice. So I decided that, although it might not be to the letter of the law, it was generally safer for me.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Team Fiwip said:
Your not sure then?
Indeed. I'm not sure if you are talking about the correct clip or person. feel free to point out where I even remotely suggested that I was in danger in this incident. In fact I go out my way to suggest I had it covered.

I think you rather missed the point!;)

rh100

magnatom said:
Safety

I used to take the correct line at this roundabout. It caused me bother. Following cars cut over this almost every time and I had a couple of occasions where that almost brought me into conflict with the following car (despite me obviously taking that exit). I need to slow considerably to go around the roundabout. Not a problem. However, the following cars are generally impatient here and would try and would continue over, faster than me. This was even worse in the wet and ice. So I decided that, although it might not be to the letter of the law, it was generally safer for me.

Ah right, I understand, thanks.

dondare

Über Member
magnatom said:
Who said I was talking about you?! I was in fact referring to John Lee the cycling coach.

There is a song this reminds me of....it goes something like this....

'You're so vain, you probably think this song........':biggrin:

Perhaps you should admit to a mistake and apologize to Lee.

Isn't it a bit "off" to publish an error after the driver apologized? (Just thinking out loud, here.)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

dondare said:
Perhaps you should admit to a mistake and apologize to Lee.

Isn't it a bit "off" to publish an error after the driver apologized? (Just thinking out loud, here.)

Apologise to Lee about what? Friendly banter?

With regards to the driver I am actually posting this in a positive way, i.e. saying thanks to him. As I've suggested, we all make mistakes, and this was just a mistake on his part. What I am congratulating him about is his willingness to apologise. If anything, this to me is the sign of a good driver.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

rh100 said:
Ah right, I understand, thanks.

No worries. I knew this one would bring up debate about my line at the roundabout. ;) No bad thing.

Team Fiwip said:
Just viewed your near death experience!! Storm in a tea-cup my opinion, what is it with this helmet-cam on everyday ride business, are you hunting for that big insurance pay-out opportunity?

Would you like to see mine from last week?

I don't think I can watch it myself as it was that close.;)

Not after claim but I do look at incidents like this and see if there is anything I could have done better....or anything I missed.

Bollo actually has a vid very similar in which it did not have such a happy ending.

dondare

Über Member
magnatom said:
Apologise to Lee about what? Friendly banter?

With regards to the driver I am actually posting this in a positive way, i.e. saying thanks to him. As I've suggested, we all make mistakes, and this was just a mistake on his part. What I am congratulating him about is his willingness to apologise. If anything, this to me is the sign of a good driver.

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter. I'm partial to a bit of banter myself.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Team Fiwip said:
My apologies, its not the first time I’ve missed the point of a drama queen.

LOL! ;) I think of myself as more of a Dancing Queen than a Drama Queen, but there you go!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Team Fiwip said:
My apologies, its not the first time I’ve missed the point of a drama queen.
... which proves the point of the OP - it's good to recognize a mistake and to apologize ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

scoosh said:
... which proves the point of the OP - it's good to recognize a mistake and to apologize ;)

[Quiet voice] Pssst, scoosh, did you not notice he was actually having a dig, rather than apologising... [/Quiet voice]

Top Bottom