App for keeping a food journal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Can anyone suggest a good app for keeping a food journal on iOS?

I'd really like to be able to log a weight/quantity of each ingredient and have it add the totals up for me. e.g 40g of oats, 15g sultanas, 1 slice of brown bread, etc

I'd also like to be able to see how many Kcals and nutrients in a quantity of food e.g one medium egg or half an avocado.

What do you use?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
You know enough about nutrition to do this yourself. Eat well exercise well and you'll be fine. What are you trying to achieve?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Can anyone suggest a good app for keeping a food journal on iOS?

I'd really like to be able to log a weight/quantity of each ingredient and have it add the totals up for me. e.g 40g of oats, 15g sultanas, 1 slice of brown bread, etc

I'd also like to be able to see how many Kcals and nutrients in a quantity of food e.g one medium egg or half an avocado.

What do you use?

My Memory.

OP
OP
BurningLegs

BurningLegs

Veteran
Thanks all - have just downloaded MyFitnessPal and first impressions are good. Lots of upselling for the premium service but that’s to be expected these days!

Salty - I have a very basic understanding of nutrition, but far from encyclopaedic. I also don’t have a great memory so being able to log what I’m eating and understand what changes I need to make (if any) will be useful.

At the moment I’m looking for calorie control whilst ensuring a balanced diet.

Olikana

If it is about how to lose weight or proper nutrition, it is better to consult a nutritionist. They will make up a diet for your diet and will continue to adhere to the scheme.

BigMeatball

I also advise myfitnesspal. So far, sticking to myfitnesspal and having a good training plan has been vital for losing weight.

The key is to stick with it for months, day after day. Even if it's a tedious activity especially in the beginning, it does pay off big dividends.

You're going to learn a lot about food and nutrition. The only downside: it can be tricky if you have a partner that doesn't support you :laugh:

Top Bottom