App to compare PB during ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

inghaj

Hi All
Most Saturday's I ride the same route for my training.. What I really want is a cycling app for my iPhone that can tell me whether (based on where I am on my route) I am faster or slower than my PB and by how many seconds (I.e +15 seconds to PB at this place on the route)... (Ideally that would display on my RFLKT)
It seems like such a simple thing that an iPhone app should be perfectly positioned to work out, but I can't seem to find an app that gives me that - Can anyone help me please?
James

Gert Lush

Isn't that what the Virtual Partner thing on the Garmin (and other devices, I'd imagine) is for?

I don't know whether there is an iPhone app for it but maybe searching using them words may help. Bear in mind, one wrong click and you'll be in a new relationship. :tongue:

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Garmin edge 1000 does exactly that I believe , alongside & linked to a premium Strava membership

Joffey

Big Dosser
Garmin Live Segments and Garmin Virtual Partner will do this exactly how you describe. Compatible devices required or use the iPhone app with premium membership for Live Segments.

blackcountrytone

I just use map my ride downloaded from the App Store for free.you can pay to use all the features but I doe I just use the basic, ie distance ,calories (burned), duration, and average speed,that's good enough for me.
Downloaded to my iPhone 6 I Stick the phone in a zip top food bag (in case I go in the canal ,or it rains ) then shove it in a crossbar bag and off I go it tells me my distance,ave speed at intervals along my ride,no need for garmins and the like.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Correct, my Garmin Edge 1000 does exactly that.
I have to add though, I never use that function. Use route and ride data. I then check Stava segments when I get back, never in the moment. Mainly because I am usually 1,083rd :blush:

Top Bottom