Apparently I don't...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

puddleglum

I don't envy your job, I really don't. How the chuff are you supposed to maintain the 'dignity of your office' etc etc with a bloody great cheesy grin plastered all over your face?

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

I may just try it out next time I'm at work and see what happens, I'm known for being a bit of a rebel (Sarge Likes it apparently ;))

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

If he's being fed, he'll smile. We run on Tea and biscuits you know, but every house has to pass the 'tea&biscuit test' before an offer is accepted.;) i.e. If when you turn up at the address, and there is more furniture outside than in, and the baby is crawling around your ankles minus a nappy, you generally decline an offer of any form of beverage.

joolsybools

User259iroloboy said:
Smile enough. The parents of one of the 'yoofs' on my patch complained that I turned their little darling over(S.23 Misuse of Drugs Act) search. took him to one side away from immediate public gaze, did the search (wearing disposable gloves, as always) filed out the necessary form, gave said person a copy, search was negative, we had a bit of banter, and I sent him on his way.

Next Thing I know is the Sarge is calling me up to say she had recieved a complaint, basically along the lines that I was arrogant, I stared in a nasty way, I wore gloves when searching their son and shock horror...I don't smile enough...FFS

Should have seen me today...47 miles in 3 hours and I was fecking smiling all the way round!!

I feel for you mate, she was probably under the illusion that her little darling would never carry drugs and wanted to retaliate becasue she was embarassed. Don't let the beggards get you down!

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

joolsybools said:
I feel for you mate, she was probably under the illusion that her little darling would never carry drugs and wanted to retaliate becasue she was embarassed. Don't let the beggards get you down!

Thanks, Water, ducks and backs, but I just wanted to share it here, let off steam a bit:smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fair play to you mate, you bobbies get more then your fair share of crap thrown at you from all over the show.

User259iroloboy said:
Thanks, Water, ducks and backs, but I just wanted to share it here, let off steam a bit:smile:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I don't want to see a smiley copper, catching crims is a serious business! :-D

I hope your sarge doesn't take it any further; it'd be a complete waste to pursue something as petty as this.

ACS

Legendary Member
I had a long term skipper his mantra was 'if they ain't complaining you ain't doing your job properly.' Give him his due he would wait until he had heard both sides before making up his mind. Old style, hard but very fair. Only pi$$ed him off once, lesson learned.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

That's quite true, She knew there wasn't a complaint in it, and when she told me she had 'sorted' it I think she was looking for some fawning gratitude.:sad:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I got 7 complaints and 3 reg 9's in 3 years, and decided the job wasn't for me.

Unfortunately my Sgt was looking for fawning gratitude, and wasn't supportive when it wasn't forthcoming.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Problem is we are always going to be sitting ducks for any one with the mindset to complain, be that your local sc*mbag, or some pl*nker you had to speak with regarding a fairly minor occurence who takes exception to being spoken to by police, because we are only here to deal with 'real' criminals.

Noodley

User259iroloboy said:
Isn't just, and there is always an assumption by line managers that if someone complains, then you must have done something wrong.

Yep. I am so glad I left when I did. Mrs Noodley is not as lucky, still having to put up with it.

Although I did take great delight when I was asked during an interview 'have you ever been charged' with an offence rather than 'have you ever been convicted'...and was able to rattle off a whole list of stupid things I was charged with as some twat had complained. No evidence but standard practice...

...I work closely with the Police in my job, and am now more senior than some of the Police officers who were my line management. Guess who has an awkward life now? :sad:

Top Bottom