Apparently I'm 'lacking the Christmas spirit'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hope some christmas spirit (or at least some socks) are waiting under your tree in a few days time.

why people feel it acceptable to drive without insurance i have no idea.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Good work CC. Another selfish b*gg*r off the road for a bit

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
This told to me by a motorist who chose to drive his car with no insurance, then got annoyed at me for seizing it.

It would seem that we should realise that not everyone can afford to get insurance sorted straight away, and he was going to get it asap (he'd 'only' had the car three weeks). We had better things to be doing than harassing motorists, like finding the stolen kids presents from Ormond Street Hospital. He really didn't need the extra hassle and stress over the Christmas time, and asked for a break as it was Christmas.

The title in the threat was his accusation when I refused. I was then asked whether I liked my job, and whether it made me feel big. I was happy to reply to him that I did, and to be honest I especially liked taking uninsured cars off the road, as uninsured drivers will almost certainly fail to stop if they have an accident, leaving the honest drivers with a bill for repair that really will ruin their Christmas.

However, this was me being stereotypical!

I'd say "Rant Over" but tbh, as I said, this is one of the good parts of the job :smile:

Your own fault for not having a Santa hat on. :tongue:

We seem to live in a world where people think it is OK to break the rules. Seems more so with motoring.
OK to speed if you are late for something, OK to park on a yellow line if you are pushed and then the licence, tax and insurance seems to be an optional extra you may get round to getting.
Like the link on here with the bloke overtaking on the crest of a hill it can all come unstuck with horrid consequences.

The silent majority are with you CC!

Brandane

Legendary Member
He really didn't need the extra hassle and stress over the Christmas time, and asked for a break as it was Christmas.

I did your job for 19 years prior to premature retirement. That line at Christmas used to boil my pi55. It started about mid November and ended mid January, and was always used by the "can work but won't work" brigade. Every day was Christmas for them, so why it made any difference I still don't know.

I remember one Christmas night into boxing day, working night shift. Out on my own in the Panda car about 3am when the alarm gets activated at Comet. I attended expecting the usual system fault or whatever, but as I turn the corner there are 2 guys climbing out of the smashed plate glass window, carrying a late Christmas present - a video recorder (it WAS a while ago!). I got out the car and they ran off (minus VCR) but didn't have the brains to split up, so I chased them until help arrived and we got the 2 of them. They don't let up over Christmas, so why should the Police?

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Well done sir,and keep up the good work. A Merry Christmas to you!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I will add a well done, my post was my 'throw the key away' post. These idiots make things really horrible for those victims that get hit by folk like this, and if they won't get insurance, you can tell the sort of person they are. I drove (and still do) carefully to ensure I have good insurance for a 'reasonable amount of money'. Yes it stings, more so given the little driving I do, but it is essential.

potsy

Rambler
Must admit my favourite bit of programmes like 'Traffic Cops' is when the crims get their cars confiscated for no insurance, the looks on their faces as if it's so unjust :rofl:

Top Bottom