Apparently I'm 'lacking the Christmas spirit'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Malkin

Veteran
Folk find it financially advantageous to drive old bangers without insurance because the financial hit of having the car seized and the ensuing fine is less than a few months' premiums.

When fines become cripplingly expensive and non payment aggressively pursued by bailiffs then folk will have second thoughts about taking to the road illegally.

This is a really good point.
When it costs several thousand pounds for a youngster to insure a £300 old banger for a year it's hardly surprising that a lot of them choose to take the chance of going uninsured, I don't know what the average fine for being uninsured is, but I suspect it's far less then the cost of the insurance for many, and what is the likelihood of being caught?

I'm not condoning driving uninsured, but until people think that there's a very high probability of getting caught and they'll be a lot worse off when they are caught then they will continue to take the chance.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I don't know what the average fine for being uninsured is

About a hundred and fifty pounds.....

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well, CC........earlier this week I passed a police tape around a block of flats. A pizza delivery man had been stabbed. Two young coppers, a little younger than my kids, stood by the line. I had a brief word. They were both clearly intelligent, and clearly had choices in life, and yet they had chosen to do a job that clearly needs to be done and that I, for one, would never ever do. So...whether you're light on Christmas spirit or not, thankyou for doing the job.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Feel free also to send them a Polaroid of their new metal cube when its crushed in 14 days time.

But in the true spirit of Christmas might I suggest decoration before crushing, it might cheer the ex-driver up a little.

MerryChristmasCar.jpg

D

Deleted member 20519

I was about to ask if you were a police officer and then it took me a few seconds to click and realise that your name was Copper Cyclist :crazy:

Well done, but still too many uninsured on the roads.

Can you seize mobile phones if you catch someone using one? I'd be in favour of crushing of those in that situation too. Preferably at roadside. With a large hammer while they watch. Then having the offender sweep the bits up and take them home.

Top Bottom