Apparently, we hold up ambulances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just think how many ambulances less are required because cyclists are now safe from getting squashed.

The RAC and the CyclingUK have both poo poohed this, claiming the statistics don't support Holby's assertion that its slowing them down

Sharky

Guru
Recently had the pleasure of a ride in an ambulance. Some accidents are more urgent than others, but I had the flashing light treatment to get to A&E, only to be put into the waiting queue which took up to 3 hrs until I was fully seen and sent home with pain killers. I wonder if ambulance drivers should be more selective & patient?

The other aspect that surprised me was that the driver and his companion had to stay with me for about an hour, until I was handed over to the A&E staff. I always imagined an ambulance crew would be back on the road as soon as they had delivered the patient to A&E.

Floating Bombus

Wasn't this started in London? Just shows how things spread. We hardly have any cycle lanes in Bristol anyway! And I notice the article is illustrated with a photo of what appears to be a London Cycle Superhighway; at least, it's blue, and we don't have any like that here.

Floating Bombus

Recently had the pleasure of a ride in an ambulance. Some accidents are more urgent than others, but I had the flashing light treatment to get to A&E, only to be put into the waiting queue which took up to 3 hrs until I was fully seen and sent home with pain killers. I wonder if ambulance drivers should be more selective & patient?

The other aspect that surprised me was that the driver and his companion had to stay with me for about an hour, until I was handed over to the A&E staff. I always imagined an ambulance crew would be back on the road as soon as they had delivered the patient to A&E.
I was taken to hospital by ambulance last summer, though it didn't justify blue lights. The crew, which was just the driver, went off as soon as he'd taken me into A&E. A couple of weeks ago, I had to call an ambulance for my father. He didn't need to go to hospital but the crew, which in this case was 2 people, did stay with him for quite some time. So it all depends on the individual case.

Lonestar

Veteran
Who do you think should not own cars?

People who don't need them.Like me.Who learn how to live without them.The self important people are ok though and can go about on their merry way.Straight to the next traffic jam.

I'd guess that isn't going to happen though and the problem is just going to get worse..The they can all single out cyclists yet again for causing the problem.

Last edited:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I cycled up the Wells Road yesterday morning. There was an accident on the roundabout below the 3 lamps junction. Strangely the ambulance chose to come down the wrong side of the road because there were about 100+ cars stationary on the in bound side of the road, and I heard it coming and had moved onto the pavement in advance.

So I'd say it was the opposite, that cars get in the way of ambulances and that bikes enable Ambulances to move quicker through the city;)

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I cycled up the Wells Road yesterday morning. There was an accident on the roundabout below the 3 lamps junction. Strangely the ambulance chose to come down the wrong side of the road because there were about 100+ cars stationary on the in bound side of the road, and I heard it coming and had moved onto the pavement in advance.

So I'd say it was the opposite, that cars get in the way of ambulances and that bikes enable Ambulances to move quicker through the city;)
I saw the aftermath. That car must have been going some to bend the lamp post it hit.

Top Bottom