Apparently, we hold up ambulances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

I was in the back of an ambulance about 18 months ago which got delayed a bit..... by the fact in was an out of area crew who didn't know the route to the hospital. As I work at said hospital I was happy and able to give them directions.

There are many many possible reasons for ambulance being delayed, traffic likely being the biggest culprit.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I was in the back of an ambulance about 18 months ago which got delayed a bit..... by the fact in was an out of area crew who didn't know the route to the hospital. As I work at said hospital I was happy and able to give them directions.

There are many many possible reasons for ambulance being delayed, traffic likely being the biggest culprit.

Quite true, this was just another piece of shoddy journalism from the BP. They like to blame cycling for all Bristolian transport woes.

Floating Bombus

It's not journalism at all.

It was shoddy journalism when the telegraph wrote it 4 days earlier, but adding a few local street names to make it seem about Bristol does not raise it to the level of even shoddy journalism.
Maybe call it parasitical journalism. To call it plagiarism would imply there was some merit to at least the original writing.

I presume it's appeared in other local papers too?

Reactions: mjr
How will I lubricate my chain?
Diet-With-Olives.jpg

Twenty or thirty years oil will have all but gone and bicycles will be the only things moving.
Nothing in this is true.

I was a firefighter/driver for many years.Driving fire engines,turntable ladders,hydraulic platforms and road rescue units.I can honestly say have never been held up by cyclists.
Strange, my better half is an ambulance driver and has never complained about cyclists holding her up.
Fair enough if you didn't read the article, but the claim is that segregated cycle paths with raised kerbs give drivers nowhere to get out the the ambulance's way, so it would only effect drivers using roads with such paths, and there are very few of them in the country so far.

Fair enough if you didn't read the article, but the claim is that segregated cycle paths with raised kerbs give drivers nowhere to get out the the ambulance's way, so it would only effect drivers using roads with such paths, and there are very few of them in the country so far.
Same with pavements on narrower roads all over the place.

Fair enough :okay: Just going from the thread title. Also just preempting the posts that are going to appear below the article.

Top Bottom