Appropriate Cycle Shoes for pedals in video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bobsinatra

bobsinatra

Über Member
Shimano shoes are pretty narrow, so if you have wide feet, they may not fit even in a bigger size

Thanks Halfords had none in stock to try on, a Boardman pair fitted me in size 12 but I didn't like the look of them.

I will just have to order them in and hope I get lucky.

Is only a short cycle to the store, so not the end of the world if not.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks Halfords had none in stock to try on, a Boardman pair fitted me in size 12 but I didn't like the look of them.

I will just have to order them in and hope I get lucky.

Is only a short cycle to the store, so not the end of the world if not.
You can always return if no good. Shops might be hard to access from Thursday if you’re in England of course.

DRM

Guru
They lack the velcro strap over laces, loose laces and pedals are a bad combo. I’d avoid personally but ymmv
This is true, seen what happens when laces get wrapped round a pedal, it hurts as the damn things tighten up beyond all belief and you won't be able to unclip, luckily this was at a spin class , but on an actual bike would have been very serious, the rider would have crashed, and could have been seriously injured.

vickster

Legendary Member
They have a velcro option without the laces, I don't fancy flying off my bike.
You didn’t link that one though. Sounds much better

Mike_P

Guru
Just a note as pointed out on other threads Shimano do make adaptors to allow road bike shoes to be used with SPD cleats.
SH-SM41 being the normal used one which provides a recess for the SPD.
If the road shoes do have SPD as well as road cleat 3 or 5 hole mounts then the SH-SM40 provides the same recessed mount for the SPD.

Top Bottom