Appropriate registration numbers on cars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
My tired eyes initially read that as TURD.
Slightly OT, but a few summer's ago, I saw this lady in the local shopping centre. She was wearing a jumper with a name/word embroidered across the front. I think it may have been the word "SATURDAY". But I'll never know for sure. She was wearing a jacket over her top, un buttoned. Only the 4 middle letters were visible.
It made me smile.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
A Tesla Model 3 near here has the reg YU53 GAS, spaced and altered to attempt to read Y U53 GAS (why use gas...oline?). It is parked on the drive next to a big, conventionally-powered SUV.
They always are aren't they! A neighbour of mine has a Tesla, plus a roof full of solar panels, plus an AMG Mercedes that seems to run on 24 cylinders of diesel, going by the noise it makes and the smoke it produces.

The Mercedes has a plate of course, AMG something.

Last edited:
Modern Porsche’s (there is an S in Porsche) perhaps, Classic air cooled 911’s however are iconic. I owned my first in 1992 and sold my last one in 2002. 10 years of pure motoring joy.
This is going to hurt,

That would be my dream car, what would you need for a late '80' s Turbo, 100k?

PK99

Legendary Member
Slightly OT, but a few summer's ago, I saw this lady in the local shopping centre. She was wearing a jumper with a name/word embroidered across the front. I think it may have been the word "SATURDAY". But I'll never know for sure. She was wearing a jacket over her top, un buttoned. Only the 4 middle letters were visible.
It made me smile.

Many years ago I had a t shirt from Wankie National Park in Zimbabwe. Worn under a jacket I had a similar problem.😊

Since renamed closer to the indigenous language phonetics as Hwange

D

Deleted member 26715

Modern Porsche’s (there is an S in Porsche) perhaps, Classic air cooled 911’s however are iconic. I owned my first in 1992 and sold my last one in 2002. 10 years of pure motoring joy.
Handbag down, that's the beauty of cars there are so many different kinds, Porches had never had any appeal to me, sorry if that upsets you.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Modern Porsche’s (there is an S in Porsche) perhaps, Classic air cooled 911’s...
Indeed there is... but there’re no apostrophes in “Porsches” or “911s”. ^_^:whistle::tongue:

A new LR Defender just up the road has OO70 PPK which is clearly a nod to James Bond but I don’t know who they might be or why this reference on that car.

D

Deleted member 26715

A new LR Defender just up the road has OO70 PPK which is clearly a nod to James Bond but I don’t know who they might be or why this reference on that car.
Maybe he's just a bond fan, was there a LR in Skyfall the Scottish house scene

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I would imagine those plates would be popular in a certain town on the south coast of Cornwall - unless they have all been bought up by Pimlico Plumbers.
There are a couple of good number plates around here; L4RGS, L8RGS. Guess my location then? :tongue:
In a nearby town we have OO1 - on a modest Honda CRV. The plate is probably their pension.
Go further down the Clyde coast and you get a lot of "AYR" plates. Over the water on the Isle of Bute they opt for any combination ending in ***8UTE.
Take a trip to Oban and you will see the same idea but it is ***0BAN. All with illegal spacing, of course. The Police do have an occasional crackdown, but the illegal plates soon resurface.

Where I live (it's the one in Cambridgeshire) there are a lot of people with ELY on their plates, and completely legally too. I also saw a locksmith last night. His van said Rapid something on the side and the plate was RR10 CKS. I thought that worked quite well.

Top Bottom