April Fools "Sig Nature" Ride 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
topcat1 said:
Yes it was a very good ride, well done Steve.

I'm thinking of giving up this cycling lark and getting some flying lessons :biggrin:.

tc

2hxc7sj.jpg

http://tinypic.com/a/1ypmu/3

Best of both worlds Dave :smile:

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Glad you all enjoyed the ride and cake, it was a pleasure as usual to spend time with such a great bunch.

I have a few apologies to make.

Sorry to Helen for the Garmin file not working properly. In my defence mine did. :biggrin:

Sorry for the slight lengthening of the ride. I got a bit carried away thinking back to the days courting Sandra around Epping Green / Newgate Street and before I knew it we got a tad off course. :biggrin:

Sorry for the ascents on the Garmin file not matching the actual ascents. I still think it is undulating rather than hilly. :smile:

Sorry for how cheap the Rose cafe was at the start of the ride :sad: compared to the expense and slow service at the Panshanger cafe. :sad: I blame MacB he wanted to stop not me. :smile:

Sorry that the pub lied to me saying that we could get two meals for £9.95 even after I rang them last week to check. The Guinness and food was very nice though, even if it did cost me a fortune as I had agreed to treat Sandra, Steven and Nat if they delivered the cake. :smile:

And worst of all Sorry for not leading you all back to Hertford along the road rather than some random footpath. :ohmy: Who was it that said my Garmin route was wrong?

Hope to see some of you tonight and the rest of you on the 30th

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
stevevw said:
Sorry to Helen for the Garmin file not working properly. In my defence mine did. :sad:

Sorry for the ascents on the Garmin file not matching the actual ascents. I still think it is undulating rather than hilly. :smile:

And worst of all Sorry for not leading you all back to Hertford along the road rather than some random footpath. ;) Who was it that said my Garmin route was wrong?

Hope to see some of you tonight and the rest of you on the 30th

I see your Garmin is still as good as ever Steve :biggrin:

Sig SilverPrinter

Late as usual to say my thanks, I've had to take a day off sick as the throats got worse, but I get to go on the computer:biggrin:

The ride from London up to Hertford was really good, apart from me cycling into User:blush:
During the ride AH told me to check out the thighs/arse of polka dot man but unfortunately he was so speedy I didn't get a chance:sad:
After a slight detour we got to the cake stop. I was very lucky, I queued and got my coffee and cheesecake straight away. I made sure I gave some of my cherry cake to the 3 that were leaving us as I didn't want MacB moaning again;)
We set off again heading for the final pub stop.
Steves lovely wife brought the cake to the pub and what a cake it was,it was superb,Ruby was very disappointed I didn't bring any home.
Then it was time to go home.4 of us caught the train back to London , I said my goodbyes and went to Fenchurch St,cycled back home from Upminster and went up and down my road to round up the mileage to 85 miles.

Thanks Steve for a fantastic day.

Another thought , why are the drivers so considerate up there? so much space when they overtake you.

Top Bottom