April Fools "Sig Nature" Ride 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Cayopro said:
I could be up for this mate, depending on work and............. it is the day after my birthday !!!!!!!!

We will have Birthday cake.

gbs

Guru
Looks enticing given the promise of sun. I will take the train; probably KX to HFDN dep 0856 arr 0926.

Is anything known about road condition? After Surrey and Sussex I am looking for a little smoothness.

redjedi

Über Member
I think a ride up is called for.

Where do people want to meet? Hyde Park corner is fairly central, and it's only 25 miles to Hertford from there.

I believe TC1 will be joining us, so hopefully he can map a route out on his Garmin.

And although she hasn't posted in here yet, I have a verbal acknowledgement from Sig that she will be joining her belated birthday ride.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I was really hoping to come to this one but I seem to have agreed to steward at a cycle event in Colchester instead. I have emailed the organiser today to say that if they have enough stewards, could they let me off the hook, but I don't hold out much hope...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sounds good to me Luke....

redjedi said:
I think a ride up is called for.

Where do people want to meet? Hyde Park corner is fairly central, and it's only 25 miles to Hertford from there.

I believe TC1 will be joining us, so hopefully he can map a route out on his Garmin.

And although she hasn't posted in here yet, I have a verbal acknowledgement from Sig that she will be joining her belated birthday ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:tongue::sad:

Auntie Helen said:
I was really hoping to come to this one but I seem to have agreed to steward at a cycle event in Colchester instead. I have emailed the organiser today to say that if they have enough stewards, could they let me off the hook, but I don't hold out much hope...

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
gbs said:
Is anything known about road condition? After Surrey and Sussex I am looking for a little smoothness.

Yes I am looking for a bit of smoothness too, not found that much yet though.:ohmy:

The route is not that bad most of the potholes have been filled.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
How long is this ride Steve? I may have to get the train down do the ride then ride back (as i do ;)).

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I think the route is just under 50 miles, I have a pass but am looking closely at weather forecast.

Luke, obviously Tynan, Ian etc, as well, my pass is all day, if I ride to Hertford it's only 5 miles difference to go via HPC, also I pass where Luke lives on my way in to London. So, for Tynans benefit, we would be coming in from the West to HPC, I'd be meeting Luke around Brentford way.

Timings, if it's a 10am start in Hertford and it's 25 miles from HPC, then I would have thought leaving HPC at 0730 would allow for possible delays or leave time for a rest in Hertford before the off. So I'd need to leave home at about 0400hrs - so that would be about 110 miles on the day plus any return riding if my legs hold out, up to a max of 170 miles for me. It's about 27 miles from me to where I've met you before Luke so, by my timings, that would be a 0600-0630hrs meet, if that tallies with you?

Regardless of the laters, I'm happy to commit to the ride up via HPC as long as we're not inundated with snow again. Obviously my timings are merely suggestions and are boringly sensible. We could calculate timings with the usual Mouseketeer optimism, high pace, no mechanicals and no getting lost. But, for some reason, experience leads me to doubt the chances of success in that method:biggrin:

Top Bottom