April Fools "Sig Nature" Ride 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidg

cant go now...because of flight prices will have to go to Barcelona on the Monday rather than Tuesday....let's hope it is not all over after the 1st leg at home!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
alinaee said:
if the ride is only 25miles from HPC i'll meet you guys there at whatever time you decide and ride up.

excellent, haven't seen you in ages, should be a good day as long as the snow stays away:biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
right then, it's a ride up, do the ride and a ride back.
Can we have a roll call then of HPC starters?

Ian
Mac B
Alinaee
Redjedi
TopCat

redjedi

Über Member
MacB said:
I think the route is just under 50 miles, I have a pass but am looking closely at weather forecast.

Luke, obviously Tynan, Ian etc, as well, my pass is all day, if I ride to Hertford it's only 5 miles difference to go via HPC, also I pass where Luke lives on my way in to London. So, for Tynans benefit, we would be coming in from the West to HPC, I'd be meeting Luke around Brentford way.

Timings, if it's a 10am start in Hertford and it's 25 miles from HPC, then I would have thought leaving HPC at 0730 would allow for possible delays or leave time for a rest in Hertford before the off. So I'd need to leave home at about 0400hrs - so that would be about 110 miles on the day plus any return riding if my legs hold out, up to a max of 170 miles for me. It's about 27 miles from me to where I've met you before Luke so, by my timings, that would be a 0600-0630hrs meet, if that tallies with you?

Regardless of the laters, I'm happy to commit to the ride up via HPC as long as we're not inundated with snow again. Obviously my timings are merely suggestions and are boringly sensible. We could calculate timings with the usual Mouseketeer optimism, high pace, no mechanicals and no getting lost. But, for some reason, experience leads me to doubt the chances of success in that method:biggrin:

Those times sound fine to me. 6.30 - Brentford, 7.30 - depart HPC. Lot's of time to get there and have a cuppa before we start.

You could go backwards Luke,( :tongue:) and meet MacB by the A312 and whizz to South Ruislip, Rayners Lane, North Harrow, Headstone Lane, Harrow Weald, Stanmore, Bushey, Elstree, Arkley, Barnet Essendon (nice round there) follow the B158 and dive into Hertford from there.
Davy's done it that way.

Tynan

Veteran
I've no plans to ride 13 miles to HPC to add to a hefty day, for me anyway

sounds like you lot are approaching from the West while I'm heading more or less due north

oh dear commutes and FNRttCs don;t make for good navigation

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have This route from London Bridge to Hertford. 24 miles, pretty straight forward. Rather then meeting at HPC. Would people be happy to meet at London Bridge needle (by Evans)

MacB

ianrauk said:
I have This route from London Bridge to Hertford. 24 miles, pretty straight forward. Rather then meeting at HPC. Would people be happy to meet at London Bridge needle (by Evans)

I'm easy with whatevers easiest, I'll meet up with Luke and take it from there.

alinaee

ianrauk said:

prefect london bridge is even better for me.

redjedi

Über Member
Sounds fine to me.

So The Needle at about 7.30

**Shuts eyes, clicks on Met check**

Weather's looking better for Monday, as it should since we've organised a CC ride.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ianrauk said:
right then, it's a ride up, do the ride and a ride back.
Can we have a roll call then of HPC starters?

Ian
Mac B
Alinaee
Redjedi
TopCat

Theres now a very slim slim slim chance I may now be up for this...

Its dependant upon a) not going out sunday and getting lashed.. :smile: getting the replacement bike parts I need in and fitted in time and c) the weather....... :smile:

The other thought playing on my mind is of Ally MacB clocking up a longer single ride than me this year.... :smile:

MacB

Davywalnuts said:
Theres now a very slim slim slim chance I may now be up for this...

Its dependant upon a) not going out sunday and getting lashed.. B) getting the replacement bike parts I need in and fitted in time and c) the weather....... :wacko:

The other thought playing on my mind is of Ally MacB clocking up a longer single ride than me this year.... ;)

:biggrin::biggrin: I have that influence on people, you should see the work ILB puts in to overtake me sometimes, just in case I beat him to the top of a hill:biggrin: Obviously I have to rein the power in a bit, it would be devastating for one so young to be trounced by a fat old bloke like me:evil:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
MacB said:
;):biggrin: I have that influence on people, you should see the work ILB puts in to overtake me sometimes, just in case I beat him to the top of a hill:biggrin: Obviously I have to rein the power in a bit, it would be devastating for one so young to be trounced by a fat old bloke like me:evil:

hahahaha, this is very very true, and one that rides with non-drop comforts bars and 700x28c tyres too... the shame would be shocking! Scarred for life!

Top Bottom