Are any CCrs really going to suffer in this heat ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Got my ride in yesterday despite my knee not playing ball for good portions of the trip.
Screenshot_20220719-113237~2.png

Might have some unexpected bonus riding to do in the heat of the afternoon today as my train home is stopping at Crewe rather than going all the way to Manchester.....

Bliiimey. That's some ride any time of the year.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yes, stupid people that let someone they don't know look after their dog, then that person does a runner with the dog. Or stupid people that leave dogs in very hot cars, not air conditioned ones that have an inside temperature of around 60 Fahrenheit/15 Celsius.

does your cars air conditioning work with the engine shut off then???

Hornchurch

I think the summer of 2018 was hotter than this one,

It was so dry that the grass turned straw coloured, which hasn't happened this year.:rain:

Speak for yourself, BUT, that is NOT the case down here, certainly not !

The large field (large enough to land & hold both a squadron of Herc's AND A.400-M's, is literally bleached "white"

I was out (cycling) yesterday & EVERYTHING round here is "straw-coloured" as YOU described for 2018, as you said.

As you also said, "Record Tempratures" for today....

At around 1.00pm (13.00hrs), there wuz a place in Surrey that had recorded ("officially") a "39.1"

Since then, that's been smashed over in numerous other places, top of which, was RAF Coningsby @ "40.1" degrees Celcius !

Here's the screenshot of what I took around half-hour-ago, although those tempratures will again, no-doubt change.....

41 degree heat..... July 2022  -  1022 pixels.jpg

Tuesday 19th July 2022 - Highest UK tempratures, ever recorded - 1022pixels.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I usually cycle to the shops but I don't want to drip all over Lidl/Aldi so it will be a sunny stroll instead today.
I went out at 1 pm. I was expecting the intense heat coming back at me from the pavement and road surface. What I had NOT expected was that as soon as I opened the front door (on the side of the house not in direct sunlight) I would be blasted by hot wind... It was as if somebody were pointing a fan heater in my face! :eek:

I'm back hiding in the coolest room in the house but even this one is up to 26 degrees now.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I friend of mine used to be a fitter in the ceramics industry and occasionally had to work in the tunnel kilns while they were turned on while wearing what were basically space suits. Even with those it's was a maximum of 90 seconds inside them at a time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cooling the feet is cooling the rest of me. Cold water rocks….

View attachment 653490

I was doing that last night. Our hot tub is currently only switched on for the filter to work, not heating. The sun had heated it to 24c yesterday, so MrsF has been in cooling off.

I've got a tail wind home, but my word it's hot. I've got to head into the city centre before I pick up my escape route home, really not looking forward to that. Should cool off once I exit the city.

Top Bottom