Are any CCrs really going to suffer in this heat ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Apparently over 300 have died** in Spain and Portugal.
**so it is a real and dangerous threat.
The south will faire worse.
Our main lounge stays cool so we can chill in there for a few days.

vickster

Legendary Member

gbb

Legendary Member
All depends on the humidity i guess. Ive cycled 50 miles hard in 32c temps and loved it. The tarmac crackling under the tyres, muscles loose and free with the heat, a water bottle frozen as i set out, warm within 15 minutes ^_^. And still loved it, every second.
And yet i can remember temps in thr high 20s wherr ive really struggled, its been oppressive.
Also remember one day in Greece, no notable humidity but maybe 30/32 c...within an hour or so, felt like i had an axe in my head...heatstroke perhape. Got a cap, pronto.
No sunday dinner today, barbeque for maybe 6 kids and 6 adults, big pool is out, kids paddling pool for the toddlers, big gazebo, a makeshift canopy over the paddling pool and plenty of available cover, cold drinks, windows and curtains will be closed if anyone wants respite, it'll be relatively cool in the house.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It's not a biggie, but I get slightly breathless when it's hot & humid. I just slow down accordingly.

potsy

Rambler
We are off on a 3 day campervan trip, would usually involve a few long walks with the hound, think it will be more of a lounging about kind of break this time... :sweat:
Hopefully get out very early, or late into the evening.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I was in southern Italy at the start of the month and temperatures were 35+ on some days with high humidity. Still managed some high tempo hilly rides ok.

Screenshot_20220717-110709~2.png

Might go out for a bit of a ride tomorrow and see how it is.

I dislike the heat too, just as well given my location. Having said that, even here we are forecast 27° tomorrow and 29° on Tuesday. At least it’s only going to be two days of discomfort as we are forecast to be back to a more usual 19° by Wednesday.

Top Bottom