Are any CCrs really going to suffer in this heat ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
32 c in the bedroom when I left for work at 2 ish even though all windows and blinds closed to keep the worst out

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
She needs that battery replaced asap.

I am giving her my old smartphone. It is a really nice old HTC One M8.

Nothing wrong with it other than it being a bit slow on complex websites and its camera being sub-par by modern standards. It is much better than the dead 'feature' phone it will be replacing!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Speaking of phones and heat. I think the heat got to mine yesterday during my 200 miler because part way through the day the Strava app came up with a message saying the ride data had been recovered following a fault? At the end of the day it only showed about 160 miles which would have been frustrating. Thankfully I had pressed the start button on my Garmin and that got the full ride, phew!

Again during today's 40 miles my phone had a meltdown and went into a shutdown/restart cycle so I ended up forcing it off. Again, thankfully my trusty Garmin did the honours.:rolleyes:

Who said Garmin's were unreliable?

Mike_P

Guru
Speaking of phones and heat. I think the heat got to mine yesterday during my 200 miler because part way through the day the Strava app came up with a message saying the ride data had been recovered following a fault? At the end of the day it only showed about 160 miles which would have been frustrating. Thankfully I had pressed the start button on my Garmin and that got the full ride, phew!

Again during today's 40 miles my phone had a meltdown and went into a shutdown/restart cycle so I ended up forcing it off. Again, thankfully my trusty Garmin did the honours.:rolleyes:

No doubt the same as my tablet which I left on the garden table with TdF on via GCN+ on Saturday whilst repairing a fence post. Found it dead and after leaving it a while indoors switched it on message saying it had automatically shoot down due to high internal temperture.

26 downstairs today when it was a much nicer 24 yesterday. I guess it's heat build up and being warmer today.

Went to the cinema this afternoon. Excellent way to keep cool and Top Gun- Maverick is a great film.

Hornchurch

Certainly not in London either where there are grass fires burning
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62184978

Ironic that Vicks', as I sold my lovely house (near RAF's Hornchurch airfield, hence my name/callsign), to live here - (By North Sea)

My dear ol' LARGE 3-bed' house & it's detatched-garage were not much more than 1-to-1.5 miles away from Wennington

I know it well, as, before they built the 'Trust-House-Forte' Hotel there, it was ALL open-ground, open=land.

My wife & I used to go there every Sunday morn'/lunchtime, to buy our weekly "fresh vegetables"

Not only that, but I used to cycle thru & past Wennington, most-nights (purely to get excersise, nothing else !)

And finally, I'd drive past there on the (old) single-carriageway A.13 to work (Lorry-Driver), in my car, or on my M/cycle.

Just North of the (old) single-carriageway A.13, was St.Albyns farm & again, all open-land, often scorched.

Field fires often happened there (usually 'arson'), but this one today, looks like nature started it AND destroyed homes

Top Bottom