Are any CCrs really going to suffer in this heat ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
I like the heat more than the cold, but up to a point. Where my daughter lives in Oklahoma, right now at 9 PM it is 40°, or 104°F. 9 o’clock at night. It reaches the point where sleeping with all the windows open doesn’t even help much. AC in Oklahoma and Texas is quite a necessity in the summertime.

Here’s her high temp of today and what she has to look forward to for about another week…

39446FA0-06E7-4F67-8C08-014F9D32EBDD.png

D

Deleted member 26715

I like the heat more than the cold, but up to a point. Where my daughter lives in Oklahoma, right now at 9 PM it is 40°, or 104°F. 9 o’clock at night. It reaches the point where sleeping with all the windows open doesn’t even help much. AC in Oklahoma and Texas is quite a necessity in the summertime.

Here’s her high temp of today and what she has to look forward to for about another week…

View attachment 653569

Not to suggest it isn't hot where your daughter lives, but working in Florida those temperatures were reached, but the heat seemed different, a more dry heat making it easier to cope with then what we get in the UK

vickster

Legendary Member
Not to suggest it isn't hot where your daughter lives, but working in Florida those temperatures were reached, but the heat seemed different, a more dry heat making it easier to cope with then what we get in the UK

Depends where in Florida, the summers in the south are super humid!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
got the bike out ready for later and noticed another one had a flat so i checked it over and seems to tube exploded with the heat !

Mike_P

Guru
got the bike out ready for later and noticed another one had a flat so i checked it over and seems to tube exploded with the heat !

Yikes, made a mad dash to the metal bike shed with visions of slime from the ebikes tyres all over the place but thankfully all tyres intact. Road bikes a bit soft but then due to an ankle injury it's not been out since April. Phyiso said to use it this morning so it might get an outing at the weekend.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

View attachment 653569

Ask her to turn off her air conditioning for 72 hours to get a feel for how it was in parts of UK.

keithmac

Guru
32 degrees in our workshop yesterday, still building engines and repairing bikes.

Daughters school was closed but luckily her Aunty looked after her while me and my wife were working.

I do wonder what the school thinks parents do during the day and how helpful less than a day's notice is?..

Top Bottom