Are any CCrs really going to suffer in this heat ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sadly I think the odds are quite good that you will.

I must say, it didn't feel that warm. I spent the afternoon planting marigolds in the flower box on my dad's grave, reminiscing with him about that summer of 1976.🤗 I took a chair and had a little picnic as well. The wind was blowing like billyo, so that kept the stifling affect at bay. The night time was worse. It seemed to get humid in my flat and even this morning the thermometer in my flat read 80 Fahrenheit.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Hoping not to see this again, north being in the shade at that time if day

View attachment 653664

Unfortunately it will be more and more common. They are saying every one in two years by 2050.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I
I must say, it didn't feel that warm. I spent the afternoon planting marigolds in the flower box on my dad's grave, reminiscing with him about that summer of 1976.🤗 I took a chair and had a little picnic as well. The wind was blowing like billyo, so that kept the stifling affect at bay. The night time was worse. It seemed to get humid in my flat and even this morning the thermometer in my flat read 80 Fahrenheit.

I enjoy your comments re your Dad's grave etc and just read that one to MrsD. I had nothing in common with my Dad but don't get me wrong, I have no problem with that.

got the bike out ready for later and noticed another one had a flat so i checked it over and seems to tube exploded with the heat !

I think I've had three(3) heat failures this month - all in the days just before this serious heatwave, but the bikes had been out in the sun (I've parked in the shade this week!).
All were at points of weakness:
- the seam on the rim side of the tube (and yes, I checked the rim!)
- the join between the valve "bit" and the rest of the tube.

Totally different wheels, different size tubes, different brands. Two while parked, the other 80 miles into a hot ride in Wales.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Can't believe that you've ditched the tweed, standards old boy, standards. 😂

I haven't worn tweed for a month or so. It's too warm for the stuff on most days, though yesterday I wished I was wearing some :cold: :rain:. I'm wearing my stripey rowing blazers, polo shirts/ light cotton shirts (both with a cravat sometimes) sleeveless jumpers, dressy shorts, boating shoes, smart pumps/trainers, silk or linen caps, sometimes a panama hat, till I'd say around mid September.🧐

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Apart from work i have been in shorts for the last 3-4 months :smile:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Yup. :heat: 37.1c just now.

D82E231F-B7E4-4D72-B777-9A7575DBBCD6.png

Top Bottom