Are cyclists more left wing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I judge by posts on here I'd say yes, slightly left of centre.
On another site I look at, car restoration, I'd say they were more right of centre.
To me it matters not a jot unless it's an extremist posting.
Just wondering what others think and has cycling anything to do with it?

Drago

Legendary Member
Check out my avatar, then lock the thread ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If I judge by posts on here I'd say yes, slightly left of centre.
On another site I look at, car restoration, I'd say they were more right of centre.
To me it matters not a jot unless it's an extremist posting.
Just wondering what others think and has cycling anything to do with it?
I’d wager that cyclists are more left wing than car enthusiasts....

If being left wing means people believe in equality and equal rights, looking after the weak, sick, old and vulnerable, accepting people of other faiths, colour, creeds, sexual orientation, investing in state-run/owned industries and services etc. then yes, cyclists are probably more left wing than others, although I'd guess there's a 70% - 30% left - right mix here on CC.

Drago

Legendary Member
Being serious for a moment, which is very difficult for me, I do not view myself as either left or right. I do not susbcribe to party politics, or societally conditioned notions of what is left or right.

No, I have my own views on each topic of interest, and they are not mutually dependent upon one another to conform to some notional political structure. On the one hand I may be all for save the orphans, but on the other might be supportive of nuking the whales, and where that sits on someones neat and tidy scale of bullsheet political observance is neither here nor there to me.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Cycling is all about Momentum.

Top Bottom