Are cyclists stealing from cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's something I think you also practice with your purchases, albeit you don't take it quite to the extreme I do.
Actually with my last build, an experienced mechanic at a doctor bike told me to take care with it around town for though the basis of it is a £30 buy it is a very good bike. It also has an ultegra rear mech (20 years old. On second set of jockey wheels) xt front mech, quality shifters, so am counting on it being seen by crooks as a boring hybrid and there's lots of flashier things around town. Someone on a cyclechat ride has already turned their noses up at it so am hopeful. Just finishing its twin, to be a light tourer, based on a £21 buy :smile:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
You'll be getting a reputation for being as frugal/tightfisted/Luddite as me if you are not careful. :laugh: You're right though, a good bike doesn't have to be a costly one, it just needs to be reliable, comfortable, and fit for purpose. I find "boring" steel hybrids excel at this, and I have no wish to look flash anyway. Anonymous, low profile and boring suits me fine.

You'll be getting a reputation for being as frugal/tightfisted/Luddite as me if you are not careful. :laugh: You're right though, a good bike doesn't have to be a costly one, it just needs to be reliable, comfortable, and fit for purpose. I find "boring" steel hybrids excel at this, and I have no wish to look flash anyway. Anonymous, low profile and boring suits me fine.
The first one has bits from a £1,500 bike i stripped. I actually consider my selfbuilt mongrel to be a better bike overall so am not suffering for my apparent frugality.

Top Bottom