Are cyclists the scourge of the streets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

View: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157129866098145&id=35322908144

Sorry I've not scrolled back through the whole thread of this shareable message has already been shared

How do we clone that man? Excellent well considered response.

classic33

Leg End Member
Awaiting a reply from "Mr Loophole", over his licenced tabbard system for cyclists.

Nigh on useless for recumbent use, from the rear. Said I'll wear one if the same rules apply to motorists. That they are registered to one person, and that they will not be tranferable.

Should make identifying the driver of a vehicle where the owner is reluctant to name the driver easier in a collision.

Johnno260

Veteran
Awaiting a reply from "Mr Loophole", over his licenced tabbard system for cyclists.

Nigh on useless for recumbent use, from the rear. Said I'll wear one if the same rules apply to motorists. That they are registered to one person, and that they will not be tranferable.

Should make identifying the driver of a vehicle where the owner is reluctant to name the driver easier in a collision.

The other solution to the owner being reluctant to name the driver is assume fault and say that’s ok, double points and fine.

sue perb

I'm interested in hearing from @sue perb on his involvement in the programme, not least because he was billed as 'starring' in it. I've got a couple of questions including finding out what he thought of it.

Hopefully he'll answer here but he's been oddly quiet on Twitter since it went out, even though he'd been plugging it for the week before.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-07-09 223740.png
    Annotation 2019-07-09 223740.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 14

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Another odd response.

Is there some specific reason for your reticence to communicate using the written word?
You seem to have plenty to say when you're talking to journalists.

I found it a faintly ridiculous programme.
Entirely in line with Daily Fail type thinking.
The cop on a bike was illuminating.
The 'vigilante', whatever his motives or the rights and wrongs of it, struck me as idiotic.
It's one thing to report what you see when riding/commuting, a la @Arjimlad for example. To go out purely for the purpose is ludicrous.
Chris Boardman's video tweet following was the perfect foil for the nonsense.

Top Bottom