Are damaged Royal Mail stamps legal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
have you got the other bit? I've used torn ones before

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Unfortunately not - it was torn when I bought it, I'm long-sighted and didn't notice. I'm just a pissed-off with my local post office, things like this are always happening.

stuee147

I was told by a posty that as long as the majority of the stamp is intact and the value is visible a stamp can be used the definition of majority so I was told was sufficient stamp that you could tell it had not been franked or used before but don't quote me on that.
If I were you I would save it and use it to send a birthday card or something to someone you don't like that way if it can't be used they will have to pay postage and you just say sorry it must have ripped in post box I was just being nice lol and if it is ok you still look like the good one lol

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Unfortunately not - it was torn when I bought it, I'm long-sighted and didn't notice. I'm just a ****ed-off with my local post office, things like this are always happening.

I don't believe you. I reckon you are tearing teeny bits off stamps and saving them, so that you can put them all together and make one patchwork stamp for free. I know your sort.
;)

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Quite illegal - you'll probably get thirty years in the electric chair or a hundred lashes with a wet noodle. I forget which.

dunno why, but for some reason I read that as "poodle".....

If you take it into the PO where you bought it they may exchange it. As it is I can guarantee that the recipient of any item with this stamp will be the loser getting a surcharge for the value of the missing postage and a £1 surcharge from RM for the privelage (always presuming they collect the item and don't just tell them to send it back to you, if you don't include a return address the item will eventually be destroyed/auctioned) hth

Top Bottom