Are footballers a bunch of pussies ?

Are footballers a bunch of pussies ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Anyone who has played rugby knows for sure that footballers are a bunch of tarts

pro cyclists are hard as nails. rowers are pretty tough too

Globalti

Legendary Member
Modern footballers are a bunch of over rated, overpaid prize pansies. They probably weren't up to 30 years ago.

redjedi

Über Member
What gives you that impression?

693syw.gif

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Football was once a sport where physical contact was expected, and the stronger player would win the ball. Now, the game is for cheats who, at the minimum of contact will fall, sometimes spectacularly to the ground in the hope of conning the ref that he has been fouled in order to win a free kick, or a penalty. Also, some feign injury in order to stop play so that the team who is attacking have to stop play and needlessly kick the ball into touch to break up the play so that the opposing team can regroup. Cynical? I am.

Wolf04

Paulus said:
Football was once a sport where physical contact was expected, and the stronger player would win the ball. Now, the game is for cheats who, at the minimum of contact will fall, sometimes spectacularly to the ground in the hope of conning the ref that he has been fouled in order to win a free kick, or a penalty. Also, some feign injury in order to stop play so that the team who is attacking have to stop play and needlessly kick the ball into touch to break up the play so that the opposing team can regroup. Cynical? I am.

Also how is it that when they have their shirts pulled from behind they do a swan dive forwards?
They all need a good kicking if you ask me.

Maz

Guru
Football's genius is in its simplicity. It's a great leveller - you don't need to be the fastest, tallest or strongest to be the best. The rules (in essence) are pure and simple and you don't need expensive equipment to play it - hence its immense popularity the world over.

It's not called The Beautiful Game for nothing.

I think the rules should be changed in Soccer. If someone ends up on the floor and a free kick is not given, then it should entitle the referee to send him off for five minutes. (Sin bin) Get a few more refs involved - like Pro Football in the USA. Don't let the cheaters get away with anything...no tugging, no gobbing etc etc - just sport.
The sin bin is the only way these tossers will learn manners.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Aperitif said:
I think the rules should be changed in Soccer. If someone ends up on the floor and a free kick is not given, then it should entitle the referee to send him off for five minutes. (Sin bin) Get a few more refs involved - like Pro Football in the USA. Don't let the cheaters get away with anything...no tugging, no gobbing etc etc - just sport.
The sin bin is the only way these tossers will learn manners.

Ap - thats a great idea ! :smile:

TVC

I've watched Leicester City play, I've watched Leicester Tigers play and I've watched the sprint on the Champs after 21 days of TdF, can't understand why puffball players earn so much. Please stop watching the big fairies and the whole advertising pyramid might just collapse. - just my opinion, thats all.

Top Bottom