Are other cyclist's hating on us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...and some of us have more than one Brompton...:cheers:

I think most people just call them roller skates. :okay:

1626970139278.png

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Accy will want them!

bikebikebike2

I also ride a 'cumby, it's low down on the road,
And other folks will think of you as lower than a toad.
They often point out to me
The errors of my ways
Like being much more aero
And smiling like I'm in a daze.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Don't think I've seen those before!

Do they work like mini-Elliptigos? (i.e. convert an almost-running motion into wheel rotation)
I don't think there's any drive going to those wheels. I can't see anything. I think they may just be in-line skates with suspension.

There may be a reason why they never caught on ...

(Or perhaps the little wheels did catch on things)

ExBrit

Über Member
I have a set answer for the kids who say are you FC either Shush I am incognito, or Ho Ho Ho.

OH! Father Christmas! I assumed F*cking Crazy. My bad. You must hang out with a better class of kids than I do.

I don't think there's any drive going to those wheels. I can't see anything. I think they may just be in-line skates with suspension.
There seems to be a cable from the front wheel(s) to the back, and some sort of pulley wheel(?) at the back axle?

Also the range of height movement ("travel" in MTB terms, I guess!) for the feet seems enormous to just be for suspension.

Total guesswork, and probably useless. Of course.

Kell

Veteran
A bit of googling pulls up that these are Takypods and are indeed powered. Invented by Edvard Petrini.

I've not found a manual or anything to say for definite how they work, but I'm guessing that as you step your weight onto them, it expands the wheelbase, pulling the cable. The cable pulls the cog and the cog turns the wheels.

rampning-men-till-skillnad-mot-en-cykel-bbaac8-640.jpg

Top Bottom