Are Parcel Force delivering normally?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The tracker shows that my package has been at their Preston depot since Tuesday 12th. Are they delivering normally or just once a week when they've got enough to fill a van?

Does anybody have a number on which you can actually speak with a real human?

figbat

Slippery scientist
I had a parcel at the PF depot for a week before it arrived with me.

Our local postie is resident in our village and posts on our community page. They say that they are sometimes alternating parcels and letter deliveries due to the volume of each and capacity of the van. That’s regular post rather than Parcel Force though.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good to know I'm not alone then. Have they sacked most of their drivers?

I'm worried because they stole a wheel somebody sent me in February.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Parcelforce like most other delivery companies are snowed under at the moment due to the massive increase in online shopping combined with reduced staffing levels due to self-isolating, shielding, illness, etc.
Hardly surprising that delivery times are a bit extended.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
So they've been down to the depot and looked in the cage for my postcode and admitted they've lost the package. Just like the wheel they "lost" in March. NEVER use Parcel Farce.

Now what? I've emailed the seller.

Gunk

Guru
Just had a package arrive within the 48 hours and just dropped another off at Kidlington, seems like normal service.

Perhaps the sniffer dogs picked up something on your package!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
For me it's too much of a coincidence that two packages containing bike parts have disappeared.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
IME Hermes is working normally but RM (and Parcelfarce) are completely random. First class may take a day or a week.

Tom B

Guru
As a seller on eBay I have to say Royal Mail.have been a Royal Pain recently. Firstly they claimed that everything was normal. So I sent out about 10 items 2nd class, identical items identically packed. They arrived everything from 48hours to 10days, with no rhyme nor reason as to what area was faster / slower. I've taken to using my herpes in the interim.

Meanwhile my package from Superstar is 8days and waiting. We're now at the week on our shift patterns when nobody is in in the afternoon (when RM deliver) so you can bet your dingdangalies that they'll try this week and then go and hide it at the depot where I can't pick it up until next Tuesday.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've had some items delivered next day. Others have stated 48hours but have taken 10 days. Same with RM, PF and Herpes. It all seems totally random at the moment. Also really weird things like advert states next day delivery, then eta says 7 or 10 days time. RM always do really well this end. And other couriers often are shite, like leaving a £100 item outside my door and not even knocking or ringing the bell

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having had a few parcels go missing apparently there's a huge backlog. If they're busy the parcels go into the pile. If they're not then the delivery gets some and they work through some of the backlog.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Adding to this thread I've got to say "no". This was my complaint to them, sent today, for a £375 pair of wheels - insured:

On the 29th of July I sent a parcel via 24 hour delivery from West Yorkshire to Kent. The parcel vanished into your system after the 29th, only re-appearing when I put a 'missing parcel' link in on the 5th of August.

The parcel should have been delivered, having been found, on the 6th of August. However, the delivery driver went to the wrong address on 7th August.
Re-delivery was requested for a local Post Office by the receiver, however the delivery driver attempted to re-deliver to the original address on 7th August.

Again, re-delivery to a local Post Office was requested and the delivery driver delivered to a neighbour on the 10th of August, not the local Post Office.
I am asking 1) why the parcel was lost, 2) why I had no response to the missing parcel and 3) why the delivery driver could not firstly find an address and secondly follow instructions.

A 24 hour delivery parcel took 12 days with no response or communication from yourselves. This was extremely disappointing.

Top Bottom