Are Plusnet any good ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm about to dump Virgin media as their service has become really bad and they have had a price hike, i was thinking about Plusnet has anyone any experience with them ?

midlife

Guru
Plusnet, EE and BT are one and the same I think?

Sjw

Yes brilliant considering BT owns them. I've done bt, ee, someone else and another one. No problems with Plusnet for last 5 years
They are cheaper than BT weirdly enough. I don't know how these franchises work

I was using BT for my office internet, no problems but Plus net phoned up and offered the same package for less than half the price, which was a bit odd seeing as they're owned by BT and the service/infrastructure are the same. Been with them a couple of years without a problem.

Venod

Eh up
We have 2 Plusnet phone sim only deals, very good value and service, I was going to switch broadband to them but when I contacted TalkTalk to switch they offered me a good deal to stay, I have had no problems with TalkTalk so I stayed, we will see what happens when the contract expires.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Nearly 20 years with them. That sums it up.

si_c

Guru
Used plusnet years ago, didn't really notice them at all, it just worked. They run their own network, so whilst owned by BT, they don't use the main BT network. Customer service is also UK based and very good. I stopped using them when I moved away, but I moved back over and have been using them again for 4 years.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Got fed up with BT pricing and changed to Plusnet three months ago.
Three times the speed and half the price. Painless changeover and helpful customer service.
Nuff said! :okay:

Venod

Eh up
One of the off putting things about changing, is my email address is registered with a lot of essential contacts, banks etc.
I use a talktalk email address, do you people who change regular use Google, Hotmail address, ie independent of supplier, if not do you just inform everybody of your new providers email address?

Last edited:
Top Bottom