1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Scottish people noisy?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by magnatom, 6 Sep 2007.

1. magnatom

magnatom Guest

There is a nice tool on the web now http://www.scottishnoisemapping.org/ which allows you to plot the noise in any area of Scotland (ok Glasgow and Edinburgh at least. How noisy is it where you live?

I'm just in the <55db but close to moving up a category due to a railway line fairly nearby.

2. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

It's all that shouting of " OI ! PAL ! I wuz here first ! Gimme two pints of heavy n a haf n haf of light, oh, n dunna ferget the packet o' crisps with Worcy sauce on 'em, arm away to the pish house, pick em up on me way back pal, Ok ?"

3. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Yes your right, we do get a lot of English tourists up here....:biggrin:

(I think you need a little practice writing in Scottish slang. Oan yersel big man!!)

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

well mrs alecetc snores…

5. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

I'm not sure if snoring was included in the computer model. A major omission I think! :biggrin::biggrin:

6. Elmer Fudd

Yeah, I know :biggrin:
    But lived in Dumfrieshire for 2yrs (Sanquhar) so started to get into it.
    As a Brummy it amazed me how saying "Excuse me pal" when fighting ones way to the bar, has a far greater effect than "excuse me mate".
    BTW Loved my time up there

7. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

No, she doesn't. :biggrin:

8. Elmer Fudd

Patrick, what will Arch say ? :biggrin:

9. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Ah but did you create any other noise worth measuring........Ahem...:biggrin::blush:

10. Elmer Fudd

I heard him fart when I was hiding in the wardrobe :biggrin:

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

fuck what arch has to say :biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek::blush::eek::biggrin:

12. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Well my current flat sits in a 70-75db area. Thank goodness, my bedroom is at the back where it is quiet. My office, where I spend more waking time is lower at 50-55db. I do not think Glasgow is any noisier than any other major city. Sometimes, if Celtic are playing, it does get a little rowdy.

I move in 2 weeks time to Edinburgh. On the map, I can note a distinct difference between the front and back 70-75db at the front and less than 55db at the back.

13. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

14. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Moving from Glasgow to Edinburgh! Never mind, I'm sure you will be back! :biggrin:;)