Are Scottish people noisy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is a nice tool on the web now http://www.scottishnoisemapping.org/ which allows you to plot the noise in any area of Scotland (ok Glasgow and Edinburgh at least. How noisy is it where you live?

I'm just in the <55db but close to moving up a category due to a railway line fairly nearby.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
It's all that shouting of " OI ! PAL ! I wuz here first ! Gimme two pints of heavy n a haf n haf of light, oh, n dunna ferget the packet o' crisps with Worcy sauce on 'em, arm away to the pish house, pick em up on me way back pal, Ok ?"

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Elmer Fudd said:
It's all that shouting of " OI ! PAL ! I wuz here first ! Gimme to pints of heavy n a haf n haf of light, oh, n dunna ferget the packet o' crisps with Worcy sauce on 'em, arm away to the pish house, pick em up on me way back pal, Ok ?"

Yes your right, we do get a lot of English tourists up here....:biggrin:

(I think you need a little practice writing in Scottish slang. Oan yersel big man!!)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Yeah, I know :biggrin:
But lived in Dumfrieshire for 2yrs (Sanquhar) so started to get into it.
As a Brummy it amazed me how saying "Excuse me pal" when fighting ones way to the bar, has a far greater effect than "excuse me mate".
BTW Loved my time up there

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Patrick Stevens said:
No, she doesn't. :biggrin:

Ah but did you create any other noise worth measuring........Ahem...:biggrin::blush:

gavintc

Guru
Well my current flat sits in a 70-75db area. Thank goodness, my bedroom is at the back where it is quiet. My office, where I spend more waking time is lower at 50-55db. I do not think Glasgow is any noisier than any other major city. Sometimes, if Celtic are playing, it does get a little rowdy.

I move in 2 weeks time to Edinburgh. On the map, I can note a distinct difference between the front and back 70-75db at the front and less than 55db at the back.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

gavintc said:
I move in 2 weeks time to Edinburgh. On the map, I can note a distinct difference between the front and back 70-75db at the front and less than 55db at the back.

Moving from Glasgow to Edinburgh! Never mind, I'm sure you will be back! :biggrin:;)

Top Bottom