Are Specialized having a laugh or are we really this gullible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I really wanted something like that years ago back when you couldn't get an MTB without suspension forks.

Takes me back to the early 90's when my Marin Muirwoods had rigid forks.

My first 'proper' bike back in the late 1980s was one of these:

View attachment 521376

So obviously I was ahead of my time. Great bike that, took me everywhere. Hooning round the woods with my mates on BMXes, touring up Snowdonia and round the Netherlands. Good times. Still got the scar from a nasty crash in Snowdonia but the bike was fine.

Of course we all lusted after a Raleigh Mustang SIS...
Was that the triple butted one? I used to hoon around on something similar :okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't understand all the criticism and negativity about this bike its just got flat bars instead of drops, which has always been an option with some brands and if you build your own, its a bit expensive, but if its your thing why not.
I don’t think anyone is being negative just that it’s being presented as something new which is clearly not the case.

Flatbar time-trial bikes must be imminent?

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
I don’t think anyone is being negative just that it’s being presented as something new which is clearly not the case.

That’s exactly it, not that long ago it was a hybrid , now it’s a new gravel bike.....er sorry Specialized it’s a flat bar new, old style hybrid/MTB or should that be a Hybmtb.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Was that the triple butted one? I used to hoon around on something similar :okay:
I've been looking for a scan of the catalogue online but I can't find anything. I don't imagine the tubeset was anything fancy, Carbolite I expect.

Top Bottom