Are Specialized having a laugh or are we really this gullible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Minimal risk too, in my opinion: if sales are low, Specialized will just get the bikes back, strip them, put a 2x chainset and drop bars and there they go back to the shops for a second spin :laugh:
I don't think you fully understand the bike supply model. Dealers big or small have to buy their stock from the manufacturer or appointed importer and the manufacturer sure as hell won't be taking back any stock that doesn't sell.

BigMeatball

I don't think you fully understand the bike supply model. Dealers big or small have to buy their stock from the manufacturer or appointed importer and the manufacturer sure as hell won't be taking back any stock that doesn't sell.
OK so let me correct my statement: dealers won't buy big stocks of these bikes from the manufacturer in advance, they'll just buy small amounts of bikes according to the demand.

This could be even better for specialized: when you see a product is regularly out of stock or has a long waiting list, it kind of makes you want it more.

Win win by specialized

screenman

Legendary Member
OK so let me correct my statement: dealers won't buy big stocks of these bikes from the manufacturer in advance, they'll just buy small amounts of bikes according to the demand.

This could be even better for specialized: when you see a product is regularly out of stock or has a long waiting list, it kind of makes you want it more.

Win win by specialized

Often they do not get a choice what they buy, like car dealers they have to purchase x amount each year to stay a dealer for that brand.

Top Bottom