Are the Mods out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
_61747828_scooters1964_624getty.jpg

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Someone (or more than one?) is a bit thread-lock happy.

Rather than take the time to moderate properly, out comes the big stick and the thread is locked. The avatar is quite apt too, copout.jpg , shutting down the whole discussion is a cop out.

GC

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's a fact: if you're not a wee bit cheeky and pushy you can't be a cyclist on our roads: nicey nicey WVM runs you over :cycle:
We must try to behave on CC though :biggrin:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I seem to remember a post recently from The Guv'nor saying something about tightening up on the moderation..can't remember the details. I think it was in the aftermath of a few recent outbreaks of handbags at dawn...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
'Like it, lump it, or leg it' is the ultimate answer and one with which none of us can argue.

But for what it's worth, I think @Reiver makes a fair point.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2812716, member: 9609"]I have always thought there was a nice balance on CC, but recently the Mods seem to be getting a bit carried away with their own importance, threads locked, posts deleted, warnings, thread bans... There was a quite amusing thread that got locked earlier because it might turn into a slanging match. Lets not have it too sanitised and boring^_^[/quote]

Have you been told off then? I was told off for using a rude word last year.

Last edited:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
'Like it, lump it, or leg it' is the ultimate answer and one with which none of us can argue.

But for what it's worth, I think @Reiver makes a fair point.
I think so too. It has become very visible modding all of a sudden (and no I've not been told off by the mods for anything).

I'm anxious that this place doesn't go the way of certain other cycling fora in the past where they did precipitate a mass exodus. I understand that it's Shaun's forum and therefore Shaun's rules, but some of the actions, including banning one of the members from CA&D because he was considered a troublemaker and caused lots of modding, rather than for any specific event, seem OTT from the outside.

Ganymede

Veteran
If you cause a lot of modding you are expensive (in time terms), so I'd understand that.

Weird thing - I just "liked" a post and got a message saying "Are you sure you want to like that post?". It gave me a moment of self-doubt... but it only happened the once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom