Are the Mods out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Speaking as a former Mod, I still think this place is run with an incredibly light touch.
When you've watched the same tedious row go round the same tedious circular arguments from the same tedious posters, the temptation to reach for the banhammer is overwhelming sometimes.
'Excessively high maintenance' strikes me as perfectly banworthy.

A moderators job shouldn't be to reach for the ban hammer because they don't like the way which the arguments debates are going, provided those doing the debating stay within the rules of the forum.
A moderators job should be (in my humble opinion) to enforce the forum rules as they are written and not to stifle debate because someone is marching to the beat of a different drummer...it all becomes a bit dull and one sided doesn't it when this happens!

snailracer

Über Member
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQywD5TcRsifyBfg9ZXjgG1N1rFR3fpwrXw0hxbOV7zNKzYyIETYw.jpg

RedRider

Pulling through
[QUOTE 2813213, member: 1314"]An ex-girlfriend left me for a Van Morrison look-a-like many years ago. Why anyone would want to leave me for a fat monk singing Gloria...[/quote]
"Gonna put on my hot pants
And promenade down funky broadway 'till the cows come home
La la la da....."
Who could resist?

Shaun

Founder
[QUOTE 2812716, member: 9609"]I have always thought there was a nice balance on CC, but recently the Mods seem to be getting a bit carried away with their own importance, threads locked, posts deleted, warnings, thread bans... There was a quite amusing thread that got locked earlier because it might turn into a slanging match. Lets not have it too sanitised and boring^_^[/quote]

The moderators are doing as I've asked and providing you use the forum in a reasonable and respectful way you won't be bothered by them or me. Nothing has changed in that regard and the vast majority of CCers will not have noticed any difference at all.

As for feedback, please provide it via PM, email (shaun@clickfinity.net) or the site contact form.

Thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom