Are the Mods out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

If you cause a lot of modding you are expensive (in time terms), so I'd understand that.

Weird thing - I just "liked" a post and got a message saying "Are you sure you want to like that post?". It gave me a moment of self-doubt... but it only happened the once.

You're only expensive timewise to Mods if they choose to make you a cause for modding, though.

Davidc

Guru
[QUOTE 2812892, member: 9609"]when men were men and didn't need silly helmets. Now helmet laws were definitely a moderation too far[/quote]
One of the reasons - the main reason - I don't now ride a motorcycle.

Did helmets make motorbikes (or scooters) safer to ride?

Leading to - does tighter moderation make the forum any better, or will it just lead to less people using it &/or people using it less?

Reactions: TVC

Linford

They're not.

Oh yes they are.....

Twankey460x276.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Speaking as a former Mod, I still think this place is run with an incredibly light touch.
When you've watched the same tedious row go round the same tedious circular arguments from the same tedious posters, the temptation to reach for the banhammer is overwhelming sometimes.
'Excessively high maintenance' strikes me as perfectly banworthy.

Linford

I think so too. It has become very visible modding all of a sudden (and no I've not been told off by the mods for anything).

I'm anxious that this place doesn't go the way of certain other cycling fora in the past where they did precipitate a mass exodus. I understand that it's Shaun's forum and therefore Shaun's rules, but some of the actions, including banning one of the members from CA&D because he was considered a troublemaker and caused lots of modding, rather than for any specific event, seem OTT from the outside.

You weren't the only one...people feel the connection between the debate and themselves and they get affronted. The only real problem is when they act on that....

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
[QUOTE 2813104, member: 9609"]Who's been banned from CA&D ?[/quote]
The whole lot of them, with any luck...

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What's CAD? Never been there, never want to :whistle:
Broadly I do agree, mostly the arguments (discussions :whistle:) go round in circles.
Sometimes though the topics are interesting to me, so I'll pop in to have a wee read.
Sadly nowadays threads get locked before I get my head round reading from the beginning: don't use the net at work, so by the time I'm home all is done and dusted.

Booyaa

Veteran
Hmmm, I've been on heavily moderated forums and I don't feel this place is, perhaps it is more so than in the past but I've not been an active member here for very long. It seems fair to me, and in a few threads I would have locked them quicker and indeed taken action against some people quicker than I can outwardly see has happened. I have also been a member of forums where there is little moderation and they are horrendous.

I like it like it is at the moment.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I agree with @Rockymountain and @Booyaa: this forum to me has just the right amount of moderation. A few months ago, I stopped using 2 Australian cycling forums (which I won't name), due to a lack of moderation, because the more confrontational and ruder members were taking over. I appreciate what @Shaun and colleagues have been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom