Are the roads beyond repair in your area.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Alas, @Accy cyclist and @User9609, advances in technology have already thwarted your business model. Here's Viz....

clag gone.jpeg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Alas, @Accy cyclist and @User9609, advances in technology have already thwarted your business model. Here's Viz....

View attachment 80635

:laugh: xx(

brand

@screenman I think I have posted this before. There are roads round here that have been retarmacked which were in near perfect condition. One road in the village, no potholes retarmacked despite being in near perfect condition the other 2 roads are in less than perfect condition and were not done. Another one (about 5 miles away) which had so little use that an old bloke was walking down it, in the middle of road looking at the floor. He didn't see me riding towards I had to let him know I was there....scared life out of him! That particular road led...no where 2 houses and a bridle path.
On the other hand a road was eventually tarmacked (note not retarmacked as there was bugger all left. Now that was often referred to as bit of a rat run and also had a lot of HGV's using it from a limestone quarry. That should have been done first AND regularly.
The council could do with using their resources a bit more efficiently to begin with.
PS I rung the council for a month about a missing drain cover.It. was about 2" foot long, all they did was put one cone by it, which invariably end up in the drain. Luckily it was on the side I was cycling on, on the way to the pub not on the way back!

brand

I've given up reporting the craters around our village as they're just not getting fixed.

It's a good reason as any to stick to my monster truck.
You would use your monster truck either way, your just making an excuse for using it. You bought it to use not to look at.

brand

Loose chipping help my living, part of my business is windscreen repair the training of and selling the tools.
So it is you going round in the early hours putting the pot holes in. Didn't notice that many on the way to Bardney but as the roads were quite I may have been cycling in the middle.

brand

They probably pay people to wash their windows for them too! :laugh:
I have never done that...clean the windows that is. Don't need nets now!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
A lot of roads around North Devon are awful. I stopped riding through a couple of villages due to the state of the roads. Georgeham was particularly bad, big potholes all over the place for over nearly three years before it was finally resurfaced the other week. They are finally resurfacing the A 361 dual carriageway from Barnstaple this week. It has needed redoing for at least ten years!
What I can't understand is this; if they can find the wherewithal to send the 'Pothole Fairy' out to spray a ring around the offending items, why don't they just send someone out to fill the bloody things in instead?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
As Fnaar and User9609 have said, rural and urban Northumberland alike has some of the worst minor roads... In some places, on corners and junctions especially, the wearing surface has been eroded so that the sub-base is exposed which soon breaks up as the frost and traffic cut into it. The loose chipping solution often results in rippled surfaces which causes really bad vibration.

The main A roads maintained on behalf of the Highways Agency are OK, it's the B roads, streets and lanes that are breaking up.

Rural Northumberland is staunchly Tory but the Council is Labour controlled by the urban SE Northumberland wards... the split between sparsely populated rural and densely populated urban areas is crippling the Council's ability to budget effectively as the money goes where the majority need it most [as it should be] but services in rural areas suffer as a consequence. The cuts in Council services year on year are a direct result of the slashing of the central government grant... it's unsustainable and the County Council can't survive much longer as it's sold nearly all the disposable assets.

Top Bottom