Are there any BT customers on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
If you go to http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/infinity and click the "can I get infinity", enter her landline number it should tell you what's available. My guess is that she'll be on one of the FTTC (option 1/2 IIRC) packages, where its fibre optic to the cabinet in the street and then a very short fast DSL phone line connection to said cabinet. There's a link on the results that says "show me all packages" or something which will show you all those she could be on.

I'm not sure what the installation involves if anything noticeable as I have the other option :smile:

Thank for that link. :thumbsup: Yes, she can get BT Infinity. I do not think she really needs the volume or speed of the download available. She is very easily confused when people speak to her on the telephone. She may have agreed to something that she does not need, or it may be change-over for everyone in that area.

I managed to chat to someone on line from that link. I was told that if I have her account number (from her phone bill) I can talk to a Customer Service advisor either on-line or on the telephone number they have given me. I thought I would need to jump through three dozen security hoops before they would talk to me.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
But has your mother met his mother-in-law?:unsure:

Hang on. IS your mother his mother-in-law?

Wol's married to Byegad!:eek:

My mother was born in the north east of England - Seaton something or other.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
They are probably just updating the cable if she hasn't upgraded her broadband. BT don't normally come out to run a new cable. If she has ordered infinity they might come to the house and put a new face plate on the socket. When she re -contracts her broadband they will probably give her a new router and the hub phone will be discontinued. I got this info of DD she works for a call centre that sell some of BT services.

Sorry to be so dim*. "Updating" the cable - would that be like attaching more complex cable to the old cable, and just "pulling it through" rather like the new electrical wiring in a house, when you are re-wiring. Therefore there is no digging holes in the driveway.

The part about the new face plate, and discontinuing (ie taking away) the hub phone makes sense. I do not think she needs superfast broadband. She sends emails, but does not use the internet for anything else. When I have used the internet at her house, I would not describe it as slow.

* @Arch will confirm that this far west in west Worcestershire, it is still the 1950's regarding new tecknowledgie. :laugh:

Top Bottom