Are there any singers whose voice you intensely dislike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Bruce Springsteen.

Agreed. He sings like he's trying to force out a really big dump! 💩

presta

Guru
Whitney I-can-hold-a-note-longer-than-you-can Houston?
I'm not sure I can think of any voices I dislike, but there are some singing styles, such as Maria Why-sing-one-note-when-ten-will-do Carey, and Edward Gabble-the-lyrics-if-they-don't scan Sheeran.

Last edited:
Quite a few years back we went to see Kylie over here. It was more cabaret than concert, with a huge dance troupe.
I have to say, the recording studios work miracles with her voice. Thankfully, she mimed around half the songs as she pranced around.
We got free tickets from a family member, pity those that stumped up full price.
Having said all that, not many do throwaway pop as well as she can.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Chris Martin.
Cher.

AndyRM

XOXO
Bruce Guthro. Took over as lead singer of Runrig when Donnie Munro sacked it off, his voice just didn't fit. Died recently apparently, 5 days after his 62 birthday, poor chap.

Big John

Guru
I hate my own voice. As a kid I sang in many choirs and we even made an LP at the Royal Albert Hall but as soon as my voice broke I was left with pure gravel. I play the guitar and wish I could sing but sadly the voice fairy left me at about 14. The choir I was in was about to do a tour in Holland and I desperately wanted to go so I mimed during rehearsals but the choir master, who was a smart cookie, spotted it a mile off and had to 'let me go', which was fair enough lol. I've still got the LP but nothing to play it on (made in about 1969).

Top Bottom