Are they any wholly moderated internet forums out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If they exist, I might be genuinely interested in somewhere that aims for truly constructive exchange of ideas. Perhaps in the style of a pompous debating society, or a Radio4 afternoon discussion!
I think it would require immense moderation effort i.e. all posts would need approval. The rules would TOTALLY forbid emotive, provocative, insulting posts of any kind. So it might be quite dull :P

Does anything exist out there? Is it very dull??

(Feel free to suggest other rules - perhaps all avatars should feature smoking jackets? )

Be more interesting to find a fully unmoderated one, I used to frequent a Motorcycle forum years ago and there was a 'backroom' area where absolutely anything went.

If you didn't like the topics or replies on there you didn't go in, simple.

The rules would TOTALLY forbid emotive, provocative, insulting posts of any kind.

The rules here forbid insulting posts - in theory.

When replying DO NOT focus on the poster, focus on the subject or ideas posted.

If you wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it, that’s fine. But remember to criticise ideas, not people. Please avoid:
  • Rudeness, name calling, belittling, patronising, saying someone is stupid or otherwise putting someone down.
  • Ad hominem attacks (undermining opinions by attacking the person's character).
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/f...d-be-agreeable-even-when-you-disagree.227879/

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not a forum as such but a local FB page which is heavily moderated. Any reference to forbidden subjects or "wrong " opinions are not allowed. You must agree with the moderator or else.

I used to be on a Land Rover forum, where diverting from the topic being originally discussed was frowned upon, & quite often moderated removed
Eg; someone might ask about a certain tyre choice, or a route from A - B

A member would offer an option of a different brand, or a route via 'C', that was more scenic/quieter
Even such things were almost forbidden

Two of us got banned/evicted eventually
Which was no great loss

The other guy was quite a good 'tester' from out towards Manchester (from memory), who now resides in France

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They DO exist. My advice is AVOID AT ALL COSTS! ****

**** Strictly speaking, you don't actually NEED to avoid such a forum because about 30 seconds after making your first post you will receive a warning for breaking rule #37. Soon after that you will receive a second warning for complaining that nobody told you about rule #37. You will get your lifetime ban immediately after replying with a joke about anally-retentive control freaks! :laugh:

Top Bottom