Are Trek-Drops trolling Bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm off work sick so watching the Lincoln Grand Prix on Eurosport. I can't help noticing that the Trek-Drops bikes are painted in a very familiar and distinctive colour. Are they just trying to wind Bianchi up?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm off work sick so watching the Lincoln Grand Prix on Eurosport. I can't help noticing that the Trek-Drops bikes are painted in a very familiar and distinctive colour. Are they just trying to wind Bianchi up?
It's not quite the famous celeste but it's close enough to make most people do a double-take. If Trek want to make most people think Treks are so bad that even their sponsored teams are riding Bianchi, why would Bianchi object? Or it's paying homage. Or imitation is flattery. Or maybe just some fool ignorant of history in Trek's marketing department decided that if Spesh is red, Scott is yellow, Canondale is green and so on, but light blue is currently unused in today's top-level peloton... :laugh:

(edited to remove wrong comment about LottoNL Jumbo, who are currently riding actual Bianchis and have done since they switched from Giant and before that Colnago for 24 years - whoever told me they also now rode Trek was joking or mistaken)

Last edited:
Top Bottom