Are Triathalon Shoes any Use for Road Cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Obviously triathlons include road racing and I know the loops are for easy on off. But what other major differences are there? Is there anything that would make them not so desireable as an everyday road shoe?

amaferanga

Veteran
I would guess that the fit won't be as snug and secure since they only have the one strap. If this worked as well as the 2 straps plus a ratchet on most of the better shoes then I'm sure the better shoes would only have the one strap as well. Of course the other disadvantage is that you'll be mistaken for a triantelope.

OP
OP
S

SoloCyclist

I would guess that the fit won't be as snug and secure since they only have the one strap. If this worked as well as the 2 straps plus a ratchet on most of the better shoes then I'm sure the better shoes would only have the one strap as well. Of course the other disadvantage is that you'll be mistaken for a triantelope.

I guess there's worse things to be mistaken for. :smile:

I was thinking that if they are doing upwards of 100km and the only difference was designed for a quick transition then surely they would be as good as a normal shoe on the bike or else they would spend a few extra seconds putting on proper road shoes as over a 4hr+ ride the seconds would be made up. No?

Top Bottom