Are we allowed to swear on this forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
Motivational headset cap

winjim

Smash the cistern
The trouble comes when you actually want to use the filter word. For example, one of my late father's hobbies was photography, and he loved to go back to his home town of York in the springtime and take photographs of all the daffodils on the city walls.

No.... swear words will be changed by the forum filter.

Any attempts to evade the filter are usually promptly reported and then changed by the moderators.

It's meant to be a family friendly website that you don't mind your child reading over your shoulder!

So why is twat acceptable? I see it occasionally.

CUBE CRD

Do you really mean the forum reads the swear words and then changes them automatically, like an Eddie Murphy film on TV in the 80s? Get the fun out of here!!!

Yes.....Motherhater! I couldn't believe my ears when i heard that dub on the film

subaqua

What’s the point
I might have overstepped the bounds of decency there.
Shall we toss a coin to decide ;)

Shaun

Founder
There are only a few words in the filter and I find that some of the made-up "swear" words members create are much more entertaining than the real thing. :giggle:

But yes, I prefer not to have too much swearing and have explained in a number of threads over the years why. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

winjim

Smash the cistern
There are only a few words in the filter and I find that some of the made-up "swear" words members create are much more entertaining than the real thing. :giggle:

But yes, I prefer not to have too much swearing and have explained in a number of threads over the years why. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
Did you have fun making the list? It always amuses me to think that behind the scenes in the censor's office there are a group of people sat round a table all shouting out the rudest, dirtiest words imaginable and grading them in order of offensiveness.

Here, for example, is a link to an OFCOM report into offensive language. I would like to draw your attention in particular to the quick reference guide which is basically just a list of all the offensive words they can think of. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/research-a...on-demand/tv-research/offensive-language-2016

Top Bottom