Are we allowed to swear on this forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
It's ok for children to read the word nobber though, because at school they probably have a friend who's a complete nobber.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Well, a quick search says that's not true ....
Looking through the first page of those search results, they are all discussing some sort of political point, so not really an offensive use of the word. I guess I would modify my statement to say that any post containing a racial slur used as an insult would be so offensive it would be deleted. But I'm a white man in a majority white country and have never had anything like that word directed at me, so I don't know how offensive some people might find it even in the context of a political or academic debate, or as a deliberately provocative piece of language used to make a political point. To my mind it's not words that are offensive, but the attitudes behind them that the use of the word betrays.

I tried to do a search for the c word to do a comparison, but it wont allow searches of censored words. Daffodil turns up 31 pages but a lot of those are about actual daffodils and I don't know if the search function includes the filtered version of censored words.

bd6d9488c16a588725f80cb841d1babe0ebf6bceec25dd7080d1070cbb386a43.jpg

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Which begs the question, is farting allowed on this forum?
av-2648.png

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
"A mungecrundling great arsewash, knobtastic cackhanded twatweasel of a driver", as I have been known to remark, would appear to make it past the swear filter..

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I appreciate the whole family friendly bit, but I think it's a bit of a misconception that kids will somehow have their innocence taken away if they see swear words. If they go to school, they're gonna know and probably use swear words! Unless it's a sound of music style convent. And if people really don't want their kids to swear, then maybe don't do it themselves.

classic33

Leg End Member
I appreciate the whole family friendly bit, but I think it's a bit of a misconception that kids will somehow have their innocence taken away if they see swear words. If they go to school, they're gonna know and probably use swear words! Unless it's a sound of music style convent. And if people really don't want their kids to swear, then maybe don't do it themselves.
You might even learn the odd one or two from them. Revived and with a different meaning.

Top Bottom