Are Yellow Road Shoes too 'bling'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
Get them you will be wearing overshoes shortly anyway lol

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Make sure you go and try some on somewhere first though. Shoe sizes vary massively by manufacturer.

For example, I'm a 42 in civvy shoes. My bike shoes are 43 in Spesh, and 44 in Shimano !!

U

User33236

Nothing up with them. I have a pair on these (only because I couldn't find any orange shoes at the time for under £200!):-

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Thanks All

So what have I learnt?

- @DEFENDER01 cycles in his work boots (good protection from the steel toe caps I guess but the weight puts me off!!)
- Yellow isn't everyone's cup of tea :stop:
- Having said that a few do like this colour scheme so I'd be amongst friends :okay:
- @CarlP will be at the roadside, pointing and laughing (but at least I'll be on my bike laughing back with a cheery wave :hello:
- Mr Froome has a pair but then they do match his yellow jersey and a small endorsement fee probably swung it for him!
- @martint235 reassures me that they'll be grey soon (match my hair then!!)
- @Nibor reminds me of the cover up option of my black overshoes <phew!>
- @fossyant reminds me that fit is better than style so having tried these and got my 'perfect size' @ 43.5 (thank goodness for half sizes) - yellow it is !!

Shoes ordered (and new cleats) - Thanks all (including the tongue in cheek comments)

^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had a pair of bright purple ones once. Loved 'em.

I generally go for black, as most of my shoes are used in all weathers. Dry use shoes are OK in flashy colours.

Always get's me why manufacturer's make white MTB shoes. Usually, mine are covered in mud.

U

User33236

I generally go for black, as most of my shoes are used in all weathers. Dry use shoes are OK in flashy colours.
I have a black pair and a yellow pair. The choice of which ones to wear gets made in the morning after looking at the weather forecast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people

Top Bottom