Are you a grumpy old man?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes.
Working (well, obviously I'm on CC at moment but..)
No booze. ('Dry' ship) and it's 28 C today. It's just not right to not have a several cold beer available.
Xmas dinner. Turkey. With black beans and rice. NO ONE HAS ANY ROOM TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SPROUTS, OK?

But really because I'm not going to see wife and kids for another 4 weeks.:sad:

LinchPin

Veteran
As Mr 'Piemaster' proves some people have more reason to be grumpy than others, others seem to relish being grumpy where as others have it forced upon them.

Luckily I'm not Grumpy like some I'm more a miserable git which apparently is incurable.

Raise a glass to absent Grumps the world over *hick*

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Got what I asked for (wiggle wishlist :biggrin:) got out for a ride this morning.

Actually wearing a T-Shirt with grumpy the dwarf on in ironic (and un-ironed) fashion

The 6inch pass by an Audi driver into the path of an oncoming BMW, did nothing to dull the mood

I think I am because:
I can't stand parents asking their children what they want to eat.
Friends of ours ask their children (3&6) what they want for dinner, but that's from a choice of two options, they feel that as the children have chosen (both must agree / take turns to choose) they sit and eat their dinner better than if it's plated up and put in front of the
Parents buying hundreds of presents their children at Christmas.
I'm not keen on it, but each to their own, it's the ones that complain about how much they've had to spend and they don't know how they'll afford the utility bills etc that wind me up - if you can't afford it, don't buy an X box, a PS3 and a nintendo thingy (one for each child) get gifts your children will enjoy within your financial means.

brother and I asked for a scalextric one year when we were 7&9 I think, as a joint present and it was pointed out that we wouldn't get much else, we said we were fine with that, scalextric appeared, we were bought socks, a new jumper (made by mum as usual) some chocolate and one or two other smaller things such as comic book annuals. We were perfectly happy, although within about a month we'd worn the hand controls out!
the scalextric is still under the parents' bed as when we left home we didn't split it between us, think the original cars that came with it are on their 4th motor and umpteen hand controls as we've got our moneys worth from it over the years!

Yes.

But really because I'm not going to see wife and kids for another 4 weeks.:sad:
Well, that's acceptable

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Just to put a little perspective on your problems, Hoverfly of this forum is away visiting a lifelong friend who has only days to live with inoperable cancer of the gullet. Just a week after it was discovered his wife walked out on him.

You'll have to excuse MB, she can be a little too serious at times, probably because of her past. (For instance her mother bought a recorder for her because she seemed good at it, a little while later she came home from school with it and her father smashed it over her head, now that's grumpy).

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Just to put a little perspective on your problems, Hoverfly of this forum is away visiting a lifelong friend who has only days to live with inoperable cancer of the gullet. Just a week after it was discovered his wife walked out on him.

No problems,I realise im a lucky person.I just get grumpy mainly at work probably due to tiredness I think.

compo

Veteran
Just going through my SD cards and found this.
Guilty as charged:

DSCN0182_zps6f30e7ef.jpg

Top Bottom