Are you a grumpy old man?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shut up grumpy.........deal with it:laugh:

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I think I am because:
I can't stand parents asking their children what they want to eat.
Parents buying hundreds of presents their children at Christmas.
People getting completely legless because it is Christmas.
Christmas cards.
People being nice because it is Christmas.
and other things I can't think about right now.
What about you?
You should always give children a choice "Take it or leave it but if you leave it you can have it cold for breakfast!" I have heard of a mum who was sent out by her son, who did not like what his mum was serving, to get him a Big Mac so she had leave her own dinner to go to Mac D's.
My last Christmas in England before moving here, A friend spent £2000 on one of his kids so he 'had' to spend the same on his other 3 kids! He told me that he spend £6000 on junk. Let's get back to one main present, couple of stocking fillers, an annual and a selection box and ban toy adverts on the TV especially the the ones that say 'only' just before they give you the price..
I am not duty bound to send you a Christmas card because you sent me one neither am I obligated to send a card to a couple we met on holiday 18 years ago or people I have not seen for years.
You want to be nice to me just because it is Christmas? Wny can't you be nice the rest of the year? Please save your energy.

Supermarkets are only shut for one day, Do people really need 6 full shopping carts on Christmas Eve?
Ban shops from displaying Christmas goods until December 1st
People who complain that Christmas is expensive; either spend less or save up for it throughout the year
People who say 'Xmas' or 'Chrimbo'

Now here is a thought; shops are full throughout December but empty in October, why not move Christmas to October when the shops are empty?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Yes, I am a grumpy old man.

Christmas cr*p in the shops in August. It's just wrong.

T*ssers who park in disabled spaces when there is nothing wrong with them. I'd hang them.

Merry Christmas (if you like that sort of thing).

And hang the tossers that have got disabled badges that clearly are not disabled, just fat.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
You should always give children a choice "Take it or leave it but if you leave it you can have it cold for breakfast!" I have heard of a mum who was sent out by her son, who did not like what his mum was serving, to get him a Big Mac so she had leave her own dinner to go to Mac D's.
My last Christmas in England before moving here, A friend spent £2000 on one of his kids so he 'had' to spend the same on his other 3 kids! He told me that he spend £6000 on junk. Let's get back to one main present, couple of stocking fillers, an annual and a selection box and ban toy adverts on the TV especially the the ones that say 'only' just before they give you the price..
I am not duty bound to send you a Christmas card because you sent me one neither am I obligated to send a card to a couple we met on holiday 18 years ago or people I have not seen for years.
You want to be nice to me just because it is Christmas? Wny can't you be nice the rest of the year? Please save your energy.

Supermarkets are only shut for one day, Do people really need 6 full shopping carts on Christmas Eve?
Ban shops from displaying Christmas goods until December 1st
People who complain that Christmas is expensive; either spend less or save up for it throughout the year
People who say 'Xmas' or 'Chrimbo'

Now here is a thought; shops are full throughout December but empty in October, why not move Christmas to October when the shops are empty?

Mr Hippo for Prime Minister. Vote Now!

Peteaud

Veteran
I think I am because:
I can't stand parents asking their children what they want to eat.
Parents buying hundreds of presents their children at Christmas.
People getting completely legless because it is Christmas.
Christmas cards.
People being nice because it is Christmas.
and other things I can't think about right now.
What about you?

Pointless tat decorations
Pointless tat outside lights
Stupid hats
Having to be asked to be nice to people.
Being nice to people you really cant stand just to keep the peace
Having time off in the winter
Having xmas at all
Having xmas in the winter
Cr@p tv
Even more festive cr@p tv
Mince pies - cant stand them
Massive queues in the supermarket for one day
People stuffing themselves silly
People spending what they dont have on utter cr@p
Having to watch a xmas carol when i am rooting for Ebaneezer in the 1st place, Tiny Tim was a spoilt brat imho ^_^

I could go on

compo

Veteran
Yes I am but can't be arsed justifying it. :angry:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Pointless tat decorations
Pointless tat outside lights
Stupid hats
Having to be asked to be nice to people.
Being nice to people you really cant stand just to keep the peace
Having time off in the winter
Having xmas at all
Having xmas in the winter
Cr@p tv
Even more festive cr@p tv
Mince pies - cant stand them
Massive queues in the supermarket for one day
People stuffing themselves silly
People spending what they dont have on utter cr@p
Having to watch a xmas carol when i am rooting for Ebaneezer in the 1st place, Tiny Tim was a spoilt brat imho ^_^

I could go on

Please do, you're on a roll.

Peteaud

Veteran
Please do, you're on a roll.

Father xmas - nothing to do with xmas
Xmas pud - vile gloop
Turkey - dry chicken
Sprouts - just wrong on so many levels
egg flip
watery gravy
chopping down hundreds of trees, then binning them, then moaning about global warming
sending a bit of paper costing £3.00 to say happy xmas - (i dont, and me and mrs aud never have)
Car park charges
Shop workers having to work and put up with abuse from shoppers
Argos - no i dont want extra warranty on the £15.00 item for Aunty Marge, i dont care if it breaks.
Noel bloody edmunds
Having to buy a present from "the cat"

livpoksoc

Guru
I'm soooo grumpy, especially when it comes to the heating.

It doesn't have to be on a 30c on the thermostat, but apparently there's a fairy that keeps turning the dial without the kids noticing.
20c it should be set to and get one of your designer jumpers if your cold....shock horror its fecking winter out there............rant over:shy:
i can agree with that...£80 for a jumper, bloody wear it

Top Bottom