Are you a grumpy old man?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hotblack Desiato

We went to T3sco to buy one item and used the robotic till.

It asked if we were using our own bag which we were.

Then after we'd checked our item through and were about to pay it asked how many bags and we put 1 bag (to claim our extra point!)

Immediately the assistant pounced and said we only qualified for extra points if we had at least 10 items. Fair enough we said, in that case we'll have a bag. Oh no, she said you can't have a bag you have not got 10 items!

What I don't get is why the machine couldn't count the items and decide whether we can have an extra point. T3sco use a computer that can't count?

I have been grumpy ever since..

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Apparently I have a 'dumbphone', scored 1 on the 'are you posh thread', see my avatar,
grumpy I'm grumptastic http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grumptastic

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We went to T3sco to buy one item and used the robotic till.

It asked if we were using our own bag which we were.

Then after we'd checked our item through and were about to pay it asked how many bags and we put 1 bag (to claim our extra point!)

Immediately the assistant pounced and said we only qualified for extra points if we had at least 10 items. Fair enough we said, in that case we'll have a bag. Oh no, she said you can't have a bag you have not got 10 items!

What I don't get is why the machine couldn't count the items and decide whether we can have an extra point. T3sco use a computer that can't count?

I have been grumpy ever since..

Not sure that I've ever been and only grabbed one item ... even if you go in you end up seeing something whether it's only chocolate, but as far as I'm aware I've never not had points for having less than 10 items. (Sometimes I count my pannier as two bags if I have crammed lots into it.) I think you had a grumpy assistant!!!

Top Bottom