Are you a hoarder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My wife has been clearing a cupboard this afternoon which is full of DVDs and CDs. She asked me to sort them out and get rid of unwanted ones. To be honest, I am finding it very difficult to do so as many of them I had forgotten about but was pleased to see them again, especially the DVDs, some French ones. Anyway, I did manage to reluctantly put some aside for charity. I might watch again some of those French films too . If it was down to my wife, the whole lot would go as " We never watch , listen to them " as she says.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yes same here :laugh:

Smudge

Veteran
No.... I cant stand clutter. If it isn't being used or is obsolete, its sold, given away or binned.
All my cassettes got binned years ago, same with VHS tapes. Most of my DVDs have gone now and even though i still like and use CD's, i've even pared them down a lot. A lot of books have been given away as i mostly use Kindle now.
I even sold a bike last week, because it wasn't being used enough.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've been clearing out old bike parts - odd/broken wheels, components that are broken/incomplete in the past couple of months (raised over £1000 in the process) but SWMBO thinks I've got hoarder tendencies.

That may be because I've got 11 bikes :whistle:

Slick

Guru
I'm definitely a hoarder as you just never know when that whatsit will come in handy. Mrs Slick is brutal when it comes to clearing out stuff and has very little emotional attachment to anything. Obviously I lose every time.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I have boxes of cassettes in the loft that have not been played for years, apart from once last year when I got one out to see what it sounded like (Bloody awful compared to modern formats). Yet I can't bring myself to bin them, even the Wishbone Ash one, Argos. What state of mind I was in when I bought that, God alone knows.

Same with VHS tapes, we have hoards of them and even a player. Never touched and never likely to be.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Same here and still the means to watch/listen to all the formats we have 'media' on. :becool:
I haven't got a VHS player, hence my :wacko: at why i still keep them.

[edit]... and htinking about it, 3.5" floppy disc drives... no idea what's on them... but they look kinda retro cool so i can't chuck those either. Maybe i should set them in resin and make coasters.
I have boxes of cassettes in the loft that have not been played for years, apart from once last year when I got one out to see what it sounded like (Bloody awful compared to modern formats). Yet I can't bring myself to bin them, even the Wishbone Ash one, Argos. What state of mind I was in when I bought that, God alone knows.

Same with VHS tapes, we have hoards of them and even a player. Never touched and never likely to be.
I'm similar. I now regret buying mostly TDK D90s and cheap Maxell cassettes... they sound terrible after 20-30 years. I've got a few things that I recorded on good quality metal or chrome tapes in the early 90S which still sound surprisingly good.

I've got a compilation I did aged about 14... bloody hell... I wish it had some Wishbone Ash on it... far too much Asia, and Jim steinman ...:blush: ...still can't part with it though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom