Are you a hoarder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Wash your mouth out, hoarder indeed. I purposely keep items which I know, should I ever throw them away, I will ask everyone where they have hidden it (in about 10 years time).

Drago

Legendary Member
I hoard bicycles and bass guitars.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yea off cuts of wood which I will never use

Daughter bought me a fire pit think I have found a use for them.
I'd forgotten about that :sad: ...I've got so many potential boxes and shelves plus paint stirrers and shims which also might be good kindling but i don't have a fire yet i keep them anyway...

Sometimes i envy people like @Smudge

Smudge

Veteran
I'd forgotten about that :sad: ...I've got so many potential boxes and shelves plus paint stirrers and shims which also might be good kindling but i don't have a fire yet i keep them anyway...

Sometimes i envy people like @Smudge

Also, living in a small bungalow stops me having too much stuff.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I am trying to declutter but so much stuff has sentimental attachment I cannot junk it. Anyway with the recycling shut I cannot dump anything anyway unless it fits in a wheely bin. I am trying to offload some bikes but no great success so far. Being aged and getting conscious of mortality I don't want to leave too much mess for my family to dump but I have two sheds and a poly tunnel full. My tools are organised now so there should be only three toolboxes to take out plus hammers and all sorts of other useful stuff.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I threw out our VHS players a few years back but kept all the vhs tapes as mostly all family recording of when the kids where young. i came across them a while back when i converted the loft. Am now trying to source a vhs player so i can store them on a hard drive. That will go back in the loft on the shelf with all the CDs.:okay:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I once read somewhere, possibly here, where someone had to clear the house of a dead (elderly) relative and they accumulated so much junk, it took them several big skips to get rid.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Only because I have the space to store things in. Having two spare rooms a loft means that unused stuff tends to et put in one of them and forgotten about. Once or twice a year I will go through them and throw out the really useless stuff, but then replace it over the next few months.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My wife would definitely say I was, and I'd have to plead at least a bit guilty. She always flags up the pile of Picture Posts I got from my mum, but what am I to do? WWII many of them. "But you never even look at them!" she says, correctly. But I can't bring myself to just put them in the recycling...

Top Bottom