Are you a hoarder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Legendary Member
It is very real, the first thing most blokes say when they come in is Wow! Most women will say they wish their other half would keep his garage as tidy.

Whenever I tidy the garage and make a bit of space (nothing like yours, of course) the missus fills the space with her stuff from the house. Or the boy brings some stuff round. Or the son-in-law.

That wonky writing on the white board needs straightening, mind!

carlosfandangus

Über Member
I once had to go looking for a spare gearbox for my Volvo Penta boat engine as the one in use was giving problems. Got a contact from somewhere and went to a place in Roseneath where there was a large shed full of Volvo boat engine bits. Had to turn sideways to get round the place as the walls were shelved and a large table in the centre piled high. Got a spare gearbox tho' after much searching.
Once went to a council house to buy spare doors for a Mk3 cortina, I was expecting that the person was breaking one, I could not have been more wrong, engines and gearboxes etc (all the heavy stuff) was downstairs, the doors panels etc were upstairs.... the house was full, no room to live in

screenman

Legendary Member
One of the reasons I do not hoard is, should anything happen to me I do not want to leave a mess behind for the family to have to sort.

Gunk

Guru
Erm :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Recently daughters b/f bought a MGB-GT
The first time I saw it, I presented him with a brochure from its year of manufacture (1978)

There are various magazines that date back to the late 70s/early 80s

I had a lot of 911 stuff from 25 years ago when I owned one. Just sold a brochure from 1975 and it made £70 😮 a book about the Carrera RS made over £600.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Imagine if your precious bikes were sent to the council tip in a clearout after you've gone.

I'd be very upset if that happened. :tongue:

carlosfandangus

Über Member
My bikes will be sold for peanuts, no one knows what they are worth. (4)
I have not been in the building trade since the early 2000's, however I still have all my bricklaying tools, a lot of joinery tools, 2 cordless drills both good ones, one corded also a good one, 2 circular saws, one very good jigsaw, one bench saw, one corded reciprocating saw, 1 cordless, one 4" grinder one 9" grinder, one electric plane, plumbing kit (lots) wall tilling kit, including a diamond table saw, plastering kit, 4 ladders more shovels than you can shake a stick at, alots of other tools, 3 high end beach caster rods, 1 airgun and 4 shotguns,

I don' t hoard, you just don't know what the day will bring^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
I have not been in the building trade since the early 2000's, however I still have all my bricklaying tools, a lot of joinery tools, 2 cordless drills both good ones, one corded also a good one, 2 circular saws, one very good jigsaw, one bench saw, one corded reciprocating saw, 1 cordless, one 4" grinder one 9" grinder, one electric plane, plumbing kit (lots) wall tilling kit, including a diamond table saw, plastering kit, 4 ladders more shovels than you can shake a stick at, alots of other tools, 3 high end beach caster rods, 1 airgun and 4 shotguns,

I have loads of tools, 6 bikes, but no clutter. Just counted, 6 cordless drills, 3 polishing machines of different sizes, table saw, two circular saws, 3 routers and the list goes on and on.

JPBoothy

Veteran

Where do you live :ph34r::whistle:

I'm dreading the day my brother and I have to clear our parents house . 45 years of junk and counting .......

We shared sentimental things, had BHF/Freegle for furniture and white goods, and then we still needed 2 skips.
We had a wheelie bin just full of just photographs, surprisingly lots of very old sepia, then loads of old B+W prints, and then much more numerous colour photos - all blurred as Dad always managed to do for both of the snaps he took of anything (even with an A.F. camera).
He even had blurred images on his last digital camera, and that still works perfectly to this day...
Didn't recognise many people or places so 90% of the photos got binned, the rest are proto tat for when my sister snuffs it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm into buying clothes and shoes. I've stopped giving old/unwanted ones away as i find those i give them to are ungrateful and the charity shops when open,say they don't want anymore donations. So now i keep all the stuff i thought about giving away,making my bedroom a walk in wardrobe,meaning i have to sleep in my living room.:wacko:

Top Bottom