Are You A Label Reader?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I hardly ever read labels but I always read the price.

Perhaps there is a way to weave the rules into the price tag, so you can't help but read both...

It would have to have been antique ambergris.

Fresh ambergris is covered by CITES.
does "fresh" ambergris have a meaning? https://cites.org/sites/default/files/eng/cop/16/doc/E-CoP16-25-A3.pdf doesn't mention it. Either way, ambergris is fair game in the UK http://us.whales.org/blog/2015/09/ambergris-lucky-lucrative-and-legal

2 thoughts
  1. is this "new" to anybody? I can't remember when i first heard of ambergris, found floating in the sea and a vital constituent of perfumes I don't think are that wonderful? It was certainly well before the start of the 21st century.
  2. apparently whales excrete it via their colons, so it's whale poo, not whale vomit.

gavgav

Guru
Only when deciding whether clothes can be tumble dried or not....Food, not a chance, it's bad enough knowing how much salt and sugar is in all the things I like!

Oldbloke

Guru
Nah, somebody got caught rimming a beaver and had to think on their feet to come up with an excuse. Now everyone's pretending it's a delicacy and nobody's got the cojones to admit that it all just started because of somebody's weird fetish for woodland creatures. It's the emperor's new clothes with bumjuice.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SD1

Only when deciding whether clothes can be tumble dried or not....Food, not a chance, it's bad enough knowing how much salt and sugar is in all the things I like!
What's a tumble dryer? Is it something attached to your front wheel?

RichardB

Slightly retro
Unless I am buying fresh veg or fruit or meat from the butcher, I always read the labels. And put the vast majority of crap back on the shelf.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Unless I am buying fresh veg or fruit or meat from the butcher, I always read the labels. And put the vast majority of crap back on the shelf.
Like this?
Image1.jpg

Top Bottom