Are You A Label Reader?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Why not? It's guaranteed washable, grease and stain resistant, and rated for kitchens, bathrooms and other moist environments.
Think you may just have a case under the Sale of Goods Act!

andabby

Über Member
If you don't read the labels, then how do you know if what your slicing to put on a sandwich is luncheon meat and not kit-e-kat?

RichardB

Slightly retro
Seperate thread on it elsewhere.
Usually bent & yellow.
Oh, I see. I understand that everything (even 'natural' products) is made up of chemicals. What I was getting at when I said I read the labels was that if I read the pot of yogurt and it says 'contains: milk' then I buy it. If it says 'contains: milk, sugar, flavouring, thickener, preservative, high-fructose corn syrup, and aardvark smegma', then I will probably put it back.

Mind you, I was concerned about dihydrogen monoxide for a while, but I got over it.

blackgoff

Vanilla & Raspberry Ice Cream
Then you may have seen castoreum listed on vanilla & raspberry ice cream.
What they don't tell you on the label is that castoreum is the anal secretions & urine from a beaver. While not known to be harmful, knowing there's beaver pee in your ice cream may help you cut empty calories!

Chewing Gum
Gum often contains lanolin, found in skincare products. It softens up your hands, and your chewing gum.
Lanolin is the oily secretion found in sheep wool. Every time you chew, you're chewing sheep sweat.

Horses for courses..

I don't do milk and hardcore meat beef etc ..

I'm a rebel leader.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Do you know milk is the secretion from the mammary glands of cows? And that meat is the muscle, fat and connective tissues of dead animals?

(oh, and as there aren't huge beaver farms across USA and Europe, I think it's safe to say there isn't much beaver musk in ice cream)
Do you ever wonder what the first person that ever milked a cow...was really doing?

Do you ever wonder what the first person that ever milked a cow...was really doing?

Copying the calf!
^^^^
This. I know it seems innate, but the eroticisation (and fetishisation) of breasts is quite culturally dependent. Amongst a neolithic community, they would have been seen for their primary function of feeding infants, and would have probably been mostly engaged for that purpose.

Top Bottom